By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help getting a DS Lite for cheap

My DS Lite has a broken hinge and I think it's about to break. So I wanted to get a cheap DS Lite that would last me until the 3DS  (and so I can still play Gameboy games). I am trying to find one for around $100, but to no luck. MSRP seems to be $130. Does anyone know of any deals or anything where I can get one cheaper?

Around the Network

It shouldn't be more than $100 for Nintendo to fix it. If not, just buy used if you want it to only lasts until 3ds. You can find them in good, almost new condition for  around $80. Or you can always replace the shell, which isn't too difficult, but if you take your time and work through it, it shouldn't be too hard. Shells are around $15 I believe. 

sc94597 said:

It shouldn't be more than $100 for Nintendo to fix it. If not, just buy used if you want it to only lasts until 3ds. You can find them in good, almost new condition for  around $80. Or you can always replace the shell, which isn't too difficult, but if you take your time and work through it, it shouldn't be too hard. Shells are around $15 I believe. 

this (or try to finda  DS phat) thy shouldnt be expensive

Used DSLites are  $100 at Gamestop -- up from $80 one year ago.

I just had to buy a new DSL for my son as his with the broken hinge started having sound problems and then after losing the sound completely started turning off randomly.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV