By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Anti-Piracy Measures are Too Sophisticated for Human Brain

I hope this is true. Piracy is horrible and it hurts developers.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network

I think the 3DS has a built-in brain scanner. If it detects that you have pirated 3DS games it will suck your brain out and turn you into one of Nintendo's minions.

The vitality sensor will probably be used in a similar way for the Wii. To turn on the Wii you have to use the sensor and the first message to pop up is "Have you pirated today Mr. * ?" If you are find guilty it will use that magical blue light to turn you into a vegetable.

This will be one of the fastest hacked Video Game product ever. Don't go spouting your superiority to the underground market. You issuing a challenge and the underground will never back down.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Any system that is popular enough will eventually have piracy, the key goal of a company should be to ensure that the system has to be physically modified (cutting down on potential pirates) and the cost of pirating an individual game is high enough to discourage most people.

.jayderyu said:

This will be one of the fastest hacked Video Game product ever. Don't go spouting your superiority to the underground market. You issuing a challenge and the underground will never back down.

Well there are ways to make it literally impossible for hackers, but it means making the policies so draconian that it will turn away consumers, so we'll just have to see what they do before saying this was an open invitation to be hacked.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

I think the 3DS has a built-in brain scanner. If it detects that you have pirated 3DS games it will suck your brain out and turn you into one of Nintendo's minions.

The vitality sensor will probably be used in a similar way for the Wii. To turn on the Wii you have to use the sensor and the first message to pop up is "Have you pirated today Mr. * ?" If you are find guilty it will use that magical blue light to turn you into an eggplant.

Fix'd with a reference to Kid Icarus: Uprising.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

I got it! if you try to pirate games, the system sends 634,000,000 volts of electricity through your body......

not really sophisticated, but it gets the job done

What they really need to take care of is the R4 flash cart. Render that unusable, and you'll take care of a large amount of piracy right out of the gate.

Anything else could be dealt with through the usual firmware updates.

Doesn't say that anywhere in the article. Another misleading topic....

allaboutthegames885 said:
forest-spirit said:

The vitality sensor will probably be used in a similar way for the Wii. To turn on the Wii you have to use the sensor and the first message to pop up is "Have you pirated today Mr. * ?" If you are find guilty it will use that magical blue light to turn you into an eggplant.

Fix'd with a reference to Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Rumours say it's even worse: it turns you into a mushroom, then Mario sneakily comes and abuse you (and he comes again, but in another meaning).   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!