By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Team Fortress 2 Engie Update today

STEKSTAV said:

Oh, cooldown.

Also the sentry thing is kind of strange. I guess people will find new ways to play the game, but atm it feels a bit unbalanced.

Yeah.. moving sentries is pretty unbalanced or feels that way... and Engineer is like my most played class by a LOT.

Wrangler seems unbalanced too... when you have an engie playing gunner crew... have him tank your sentry while you aim and it's plain unfair.

Slower rebuild time when moving and no healing when the wrangler field are needed if you ask me.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
STEKSTAV said:

Oh, cooldown.

Also the sentry thing is kind of strange. I guess people will find new ways to play the game, but atm it feels a bit unbalanced.

Yeah.. moving sentries is pretty unbalanced or feels that way... and Engineer is like my most played class by a LOT.

Wrangler seems unbalanced too... when you have an engie playing gunner crew... have him tank your sentry while you aim and it's plain unfair.

Slower rebuild time when moving and no healing when the wrangler field are needed if you ask me.

I wouldn't worry too much valve will balance stuff sooner or later, just let everyone have fun for now....

tallgnome said:
Kasz216 said:
STEKSTAV said:

Oh, cooldown.

I wouldn't worry too much valve will balance stuff sooner or later, just let everyone have fun for now....

Oh yeah, I agree.  Heck i'm having fun.  Engineer is my favorite class by far.  I've got nearly 200 hours logged just as him.

Kasz216 said:

Oh yeah, I agree.  Heck i'm having fun.  Engineer is my favorite class by far.  I've got nearly 200 hours logged just as him.

Jesus christ O.o
My top class is demoman but only with 25 hours :P college is putting a strain on my TF2 game time

tallgnome said:
Kasz216 said:

Jesus christ O.o
My top class is demoman but only with 25 hours :P college is putting a strain on my TF2 game time

Yeah, I was unemployed for a bit.  It's why i have 13 hats.  For a frame of refrence my least played class is Sniper with 48 hours... around 670 total.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
tallgnome said:
Kasz216 said:

Jesus christ O.o

Yeah, I was unemployed for a bit.  It's why i have 13 hats.  For a frame of refrence my least played class is Sniper with 48 hours... around 670 total.

I am jealous i only have 1 hat (excluding halloween) I only need 4 more items to create a random hat though

tallgnome said:
STEKSTAV said:

How does the new sandwich work? You only get one basicly?

No it has a cooldown like jarate, bonk etc

I really dont mind the new cool down. the sandwich was by far broken without it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Whats ur guys thoughts on melee weapons that have bleed damage?

tallgnome said:

Whats ur guys thoughts on melee weapons that have bleed damage?

They're either overpowered or underpowered.  The shiv seemed way too powerful, and now it just seems too weak.  The problem is, with almost no way to stop the bleeding... your pretty much always going to kill your opponent with a bleeding weapon unless it's so weak that you'd want to use a melee weapon anyway.

Melee fights rarely happen around a medic.

I mean, in Arena before they depowered the shiv i'd often go "Rambo sniper" and after a first 10 seconds or so of sniping just attack people with a Jarate Shiv combo.  Worked out really well actually.

Of course that might just be because I suck as a regular sniper.