By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! 360 reigns supreme!!

bout time! grats MS =)

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
deskpro2k3 said:

only in america

I think you will find a few other countries follwoing suit soon

Never heard so many excuses in all my life

That is not an excuse, it was simply a comment.

A comment/excuse.

Comments can be excuses and vise versa buddy =)

reigns supreme?  lol  what a fanboy

Guys, I understand you are excited by these 360 numbers, but really?  You're acting like sales for 360 are going to skyrocket in all regions (except maybe Japan) because of this redesign.  What made the PS3 Slim so big was not only the design, but the drop to $299, a price many were finally willing to pay for it.  What we have here is previous owners looking to upgrade, initial excitement over the new design, and sales normally brought by a minor pricecut.  The problem is, price hasn't been the 360's problem since the Arcade released for $199.  In other words, these sales will not continue for months on end.  The pent-up demand just isn't there. 

And people actually think the 360 will outsell the PS3 till the end of the year?  Come on.  Let's be realistic here.  The old Elite and Arcade have already gotten price-cuts everywhere if I'm not mistaken.  Plus, the new Slim just launched in America, it's strongest region.  The first week or two is when most people are going to be upgrading, and when any craze to buy it, if any, will happen.  And yet, it was only able to outsell the PS3 by ~ 44K WW.  A system who's price-cut/Slim craze has already died off, and has had no huge exclusive release of late.

Again, it's fine to be excited by these numbers, but let's not start blowing this out of proportion.  Heaven help this site when the PS3 hits $249.  Or $199. 

Sony just said today they will not be lowering their price any time soon. They only just started breaking even on the hardware and they don't want to go back to losing money on each PS3 sold. MS on the other hand has plenty of room to lower their price maybe even as soon as this holiday season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Xbox 360 S with a 20gb harddrive or a 16gb USB drive for $199 and the rest of the older models getting additional price cuts to clear our space for the new models. If MS really wanted to move Kinect they'll bundle it at no additional charge or at least bundle it with a Xbox 360 S for $249. If they wanted to really push product out the door that is. I'm guess Kinect is going to be so hot this holiday that they'll be able to sell it at a premium price and family will get in line and empty their wallets for it. Of course we hardcore gamers will just keep playing hardcore games, but the casual market can't be ignored any more.

Around the Network
Bullet100000 said:

When does the 360slim hit rest of the world?

july 1 in aus, getting one :D

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

selnor said:
oldschoolfool said:

Nothing unexpected. I'm fine with my 60GB/arcade 360.

Dont forget M$ had no price drop for 360s.

Tripling sales with nothing but a redesign ( and adding to the unit ) is very good.

Cant wait for it to release in EU.

149$ Arcade

199$ Elite (or was it 249$ ?)

More reliable that old 360s.

Good numbers, i hope they continue.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

in  australia the price went down for the elites $249 aus and 360s is $449 aus, yet apparently pre-orders are doing well here as well

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

This is off topic but, since this thread is so hot I'll ask here. why i can embed youtube stuff on here anymore? Is there some different way or somethin.

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5