By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! 360 reigns supreme!!

hudsoniscool said:
RafaelOrix said:

Another thing: What's happening with the arcade version? Are they fading out too or they are going to stay longer? As far as I know there is only one Slim version, the US$299,00, so if they fade out the arcade now it will mean lower sales soon, right?

yea that might mean lower sales. but i expect MS will release a slim arcade at 199 as soon as all old models are sold out. because if they wait till fall to do so sales wont be good in late july-september. if they do release a new slim arcade at 199 or cut the current slim to 199 360 will be on top of sony for a long time.

Thx Solid_Snake4RD and hudsoniscool. This will be a pretty big christma's for Microsoft, I'm sure they will release a Slim Arcade near Kinect release, numbers will be awesome to watch!

Around the Network
selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
deskpro2k3 said:

only in america

Actually analyzing the data compared to PS3 slim launch and all the variables. 360s release is looking like a better success. 

You mention this price cut. The same thing that happened to PS3 ( which were still available during the first 2 months of PS3 slim ).

And you are very wrong about the PS3 average. It only managed 105,000 in Launch week of PS3 slim in a better time of the year. And by week 3 was at 112,000. 

Not sure where you are getting your data or what you are referring to really.  PS3 slim launch = 430k gap WW.  Week 2 = 190k gap.  Week 3 = 140k gap.  Unless you're talking Americas only in which it was still, an 80k gap, 40k gap and 9k gap during that time frame.

EDIT:  Oh, you were talking American sales, not gap (which is what I think steve was referring to) and I believe you and I think the slim launch weeks were different.

Yeah, I expect most of the PS3's YOY lead over last year to evaporate come September.

selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
deskpro2k3 said:

only in america

I think you will find a few other countries follwoing suit soon

Never heard os many excuses in all my life

Seece, its not excuses, youre talking about reigning supreme but when we analyze the variables its really not that impressive.....call me a name, make a sarcastic comment about how im scared but the PS3 at $100 more WW this year outsold the 360 by 1.1 million consoles...a weekly average of over 45k

Now, in a market in which over 60% of the 360's sales have come this year and 53% of its userbase resides, there was a $50 price cut coupled with upgrading existing users and the 360 still came short of what the PS3 was doing on average every week for 6.5 months.

Its just not as amazing as you wish it were, that doesnt mean im making excuses for these companies i have no ties too, im just pointing out in the grand scheme of things its really not that amazing.

Actually analyzing the data compared to PS3 slim launch and all the variables. 360s release is looking like a better success. 

You mention this price cut. The same thing that happened to PS3 ( which were still available during the first 2 months of PS3 slim ).

And you are very wrong about the PS3 average. It only managed 105,000 in Launch week of PS3 slim in a better time of the year. And by week 3 was at 112,000. 

wtf are you talking about. I never once mentioned the PS3 slim launch, im talking about 2010 in terms of sales. Im not interested in comparing Slim Launch Penis Length here, im talking about numbers we have now compared to trends this year.

This year the PS3 has outsol the 360 by 1.1 million, an average of over 45k per week, this was post holidays, 6 months after any price cut or new hardware form either company....pretty fair comparison imo, in relation to that this 45k difference WW is not that amazing.

Its good, dont get me wrong, but considering the 6.5 months we have had so far this year a roughly 70k swing in the 360's advantage (PS3 > by 25-30k weekly to 360 > 45k) due to a $50 price cut and the 360's largest market in which it was already outselling the PS3 is not "reigning supreme" especially when we consider the way these spikes work and theres no long standing price cut, the decrease will probably not only be sharper but return to baseline quicker depending on old inventory.

kowenicki said:

Some PS3 fans need to get a reality check...

The PS3 is now down to 119k... this when one (incredibly) thought it would never drop below 250k again and some more voiced staying above 200k was possible.   Even sensible fans would have not believed a drop to 119k possible.

The PS3 is currently only tracking up by 20% on 2009, this means a massive drop off soon.

If the current trend continues then by the end of August it will be around 1.6m up on 2009.  1m of this will evaporate during September and October... at least.  I dont think the PS3 performance this year is as good as some think.

what does YoY have to do with this thread and comparing THIS YEAR other than to try to marginalize the valid points some posters are making about this years sales in the grand scheme of things?

Around the Network

360 finally back on top of ps3. 

it'll probably stay like that for the remainder of the year. 

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

shinyuhadouken said:

Care to make a wager?

EncodedNybble said:
selnor said:
steverhcp02 said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
deskpro2k3 said:

only in america

Not sure where you are getting your data or what you are referring to really.  PS3 slim launch = 430k gap WW.  Week 2 = 190k gap.  Week 3 = 140k gap.  Unless you're talking Americas only in which it was still, an 80k gap, 40k gap and 9k gap during that time frame.

EDIT:  Oh, you were talking American sales, not gap (which is what I think steve was referring to) and I believe you and I think the slim launch weeks were different.

Slim launch weeks were different because US retailers Best Buy and Gamestop among others broke the release date and sold a week early on August 25th.

kowenicki said:

Some PS3 fans need to get a reality check...

The PS3 is now down to 119k... this when one (incredibly) thought it would never drop below 250k again and some more voiced staying above 200k was possible.   Even sensible fans would have not believed a drop to 119k possible.

The PS3 is currently only tracking up by 20% on 2009, this means a massive drop off soon.

If the current trend continues then by the end of August it will be around 1.6m up on 2009.  1m of this will evaporate during September and October... at least.  I dont think the PS3 performance this year is as good as some think.

doesnt the chart you just posted show its tracking nearly 40% above 2009 figures? I know it will even out a bit simply based on the Slim launch last year, but how can you track the future sales in those months at this pricepoint?

EncodedNybble said:
shinyuhadouken said:

Care to make a wager?

Hell yeah. You think this is bad for Sony now. When Kinect launches I cant wait to see the sales.