By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! 360 reigns supreme!!

Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:

I don't see sales falling much now tbh, in America anyway, this will last a couple of months at least. Then they'll release a special edition Slim Halo console for september, after that we're going into the holiday and they'll launch the $149/$199 arcade, either close to or with Kinect

NOW for USA:

cheaper SKU sellout = sales drop

XBOX S availability = sales increase

july 20th we should see them stablise 80k-90k

FALL 2010 for USA:

HALO REACH = one week increase

ARCADE SLIM = increase

KINECT = first few weeks medium increase,after few weeks slight increase

Is this how you're hoping it goes

nah normally sales adjust so those were how i think it will pan out

would love to see your tweaks in them

anyways my above post ranking:

'increase' - significant increase

'medium increase' - medium increase

'slight increase' - low increase

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
GrumpyM00SE said:

YES!XBOX = Domination! (except in Japan)

excpet WW too atm

USA domination except DS

It outsold DS in America?

i was comparing 360's America numbers with DS,WII,PSP,PS3 worldwide numbers as they are so high

Yeah because that's fair lol, *sigh*

Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
GrumpyM00SE said:

excpet WW too atm

USA domination except DS

It outsold DS in America?

i was comparing 360's America numbers with DS,WII,PSP,PS3 worldwide numbers as they are so high

Yeah because that's fair lol, *sigh*

nah i meant that if 360 is able to outsell big players from USA sales alone then compare it with BIGGIES on the WW to USA sales

I wonder if microsoft will drop the price of the 360 soon, maybe when they launch Kinect? Sales will probably drop down to what it was doing the past couple of weeks. I think Microsoft needs to attract the casual gamers more than Sony does, considering they are catching up to the xbox user base. They need that killer app for Kinect to be successful though.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

The PS3 vs 360 sales just got interesting again ! This holiday is gonna decide whether the PS3 will ever be able to overtake the 360.

Around the Network

When slim actually gets released in others it could surpass the wii. But i doubt it, since it will always be last in Japan.

Edit should be above PS3 (WW) for the rest of the year though, if not longer.

Squilliam said:

Even if what you say is 100% the case, that everyone who walked into the store and bought an Xbox 360 S last week was already an owner of the Xbox 360, having a lot of owners of one particular console go into gaming stores to buy consoles ought to also result in increased sales of software at the same time. It doesn't follow logic that a crowd of say ~100,000 extra Xbox 360 owners walked into the store without also buying some games alongside their new console or even if they walked out without a console due to shortages that they didn't first swing by the games aisle, especially as these people are likely to be the most prolific game buyers.

Or logic could be that for every dollar spent on upgrading to a slim there is $1 less to spend on software.

I excpected more, but i guess its summer.

Also whats with others numbers, it received price cut week ago(older models)????

RVDondaPC said:
Squilliam said:

Even if what you say is 100% the case, that everyone who walked into the store and bought an Xbox 360 S last week was already an owner of the Xbox 360, having a lot of owners of one particular console go into gaming stores to buy consoles ought to also result in increased sales of software at the same time. It doesn't follow logic that a crowd of say ~100,000 extra Xbox 360 owners walked into the store without also buying some games alongside their new console or even if they walked out without a console due to shortages that they didn't first swing by the games aisle, especially as these people are likely to be the most prolific game buyers.

Or logic could be that for every dollar spent on upgrading to a slim there is $1 less to spend on software.

Thats not logic.

Tease.

GrumpyM00SE said:

Although, the new 360 (and the pricecuts on the older models) didn't take effect until the 24th in Japan, so they won't show up until the week after this. I'm not expecting that much of difference, but it should be better than 1.7k. ;-p

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"