By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, I havent bought a WiiWare game in a full year.

I have come to a very strong realization. I have not bought a Wiiware game in a full year! I need to buy one immediately. The last one I bought, if I remember correctly, is Megaman 9, and I still haven't beaten it yet. I beat Lost Winds, but that was a very short game. I enjoyed it, but I don't know if it was worth the money. Took me 4hrs to finish.

Here's what I was thinking. The ones with asteriks are the ones I am uncertain about, because I have not played any of the series or the original. Please help me save my money from playing bad gaming experiences.

*Bit Trip Runner* (I did not like beat at ALL)

Lost Winds: Winter of the Melodias (Is it longer? That's what she said?)

Swords & Soldiers

Cave Story

NyxQuest (What is the length of this game?)

Rage of the Gladiator (Gotta use that Motion )

Art of Balance

*Excitebike*

*Blaster Master:Overdrive*

*Art style: Any of them.*

Please Help me. I'll be buying the first one on Saturday. I will get a points card, so I will have 2000 points. Please help me choose 2 games to buy first.

Around the Network

what about flowerworks? it's a great action puzzle game made from shams, some guy that hasn't been on here as much as he used to.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Go for Art style now. I'm telling you.

Especially this light trax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvJcnVr-9dg

eh, which art style? Theres a couple of them.

CaveStory is my favorite WiiWare game

Excitebike is also pretty fun

Around the Network

Bit.Trip.Runner is an interesting platformer, and very different from Beat, but be warned that it's somewhat tough, and fairly leveraged on memorization.

Lost Winds: Winter of the Melodias is a big improvement over the original game, and I enjoyed this one (the original? Not so much).  But it retains the more mellow mood of its predecessor: don't come looking for a challenge, since you're just going to get four hours or so of calm exploration.

Swords & Soldiers is a great 2D RTS: the campaign mode will take you several hours, the challenges add on some variety, and the multiplayer can be quite fun.  Be warned though that it is very much a streamlined RTS: there are a very limited number of units you can choose from, and once you build them they act almost completely autonomously.  You still have a lot of control over the field, but don't expect it to be like any other RTS you've ever played.

Cave Story is f***ing awesome, and probably the best choice of the games you listed.  Screw that, it's probably the best game on WiiWare.  Or any of the digital services.  Think Metroid, but longer and with more choices to make.

NyxQuest is about three to four hours, if you want to unlock the last level.  It's a good 2D platformer: the environment is a much bigger threat than the enemies, and it's mostly leveraged on your ability to rub your belly and pat your head at the same time.

Rage of the Gladiator: I haven't played this one, but I've heard that it's a decent Punch-Out!! clone with much lower visuals and much less craft involved.  The biggest problem I've heard is that the fights drag too long, but if you liked Punch-Out!! a lot and are wanting more, this might be the one to get.

Art of Balance is highly underrated: it's a great hidden gem, and although my hands-on time with it was pretty limited I enjoyed it, and I've yet to hear anything bad about it.

Excitebike I haven't played.

Blaster Master:Overdrive is a good sequel to one of the best NES games, but it definitely can't hold a torch to its predecessors.  Most of the boss battles are great fun, especially towards the end, but the tank is less fun to play with than the original, and the developers made way too many elementary mistakes that are, simply, mind-boggling.  That said, I liked it well enough, and you probably will too if you're a huge fan of the original.  Save points are a nice addition: their placement is not (see: elementary mistakes, supra).

Art style, beats me.

blackbird3216 said:

eh, which art style? Theres a couple of them.

the one in my previous post: light trax

but they're all great, imo.

Buy Cave Story. Oh my god, but Cave Story. It is one the best games on any platform. It has a serious Metroid vibe. Less polished but more creative than Metroid itself. Some great emotional moments to. The final boss sequence is unbeatable though, unbelievable controller snapping frustration.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)

Art Style and BIT.TRIP

cant go wrong

get world of goo if you havent or play the demo on steam if you want to try it out. fun physics game imo.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls