By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV (Official Thread)

I would consider anything over 100k WW subscribers first month successful.

Around the Network

I think XIV has better ground textures than XIII. O.o

Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

hardly ever pre-order games, only pre-orderd GTa4, MGS4, FF13 an LBP this gen!

I pre-order once I get a release date usually.

Same with me, and even then, I won't always pre-order unless it's through Amazon and I get a $20 gift-card towards a future game, or I REALLY want the game.

But yes, SW:TOR gameplay seems like normal MMO which means boring and bad. There are too many MMOs with generic gameplay, games need more to stand out.

And to the people thinking of getting FFXIV, PC or PS3 and why? 

r505Matt said:
Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Same with me, and even then, I won't always pre-order unless it's through Amazon and I get a $20 gift-card towards a future game, or I REALLY want the game.

But yes, SW:TOR gameplay seems like normal MMO which means boring and bad. There are too many MMOs with generic gameplay, games need more to stand out.

On PC cus I have a laptop so it will be portable.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

r505Matt said:
Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I'm getting both versions. I will be playing on PC mainly for a better experience. But I will be buying the PS3 version for my collection as well as getting the trophies when I can!

Around the Network

Damaging body parts can be really interesting. There was a syste like that in Resonance of Fate. But all it really affected was drop rate. Will be interesting how this works for XIV. May add a new sense of strategy when doing particular boss fights. Especially if you have a chance to stop certain special attacks.

Do you guys think this will be a simulteneous Worldwide release?

darthdevidem01 said:

Yes. Been stated quite a few times actually. They don't want the Japanese to have a 6 month head start again. Many felt this was really unfair.

Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Yes. Been stated quite a few times actually. They don't want the Japanese to have a 6 month head start again. Many felt this was really unfair.

Probably December again this year for Japan.

Looking at how things are going Japan is getting a mainine FF release every year on PS3 staring 2009. (2010 = XIV, 2011 = Versus XIII, 2012 = XV)

darthdevidem01 said:
Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Probably December again this year for Japan.

Looking at how things are going Japan is getting a mainine FF release every year on PS3 staring 2009. (2010 = XIV, 2011 = Versus XIII, 2012 = XV)

My guess is late Nov - Early Dec. That is if no drastic problems arise in the beta.