By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV (Official Thread)

Yeah that could work.. haha.

During the Beta the Trabia server wasnt as packed as the other servers so i found it easier to get out to my grinding spots with little to nobody interfering.

There is only 2 days left till i get this game in my hands and i should recieve my new ATI 5870 grahics card tomorrow so i can run it on max.

Hope i see a few of the VGC members on Trabia. Would be great setting up a linkshell with you all.

Around the Network
Oniichan said:

During the Beta the Trabia server wasnt as packed as the other servers so i found it easier to get out to my grinding spots with little to nobody interfering.

There is only 2 days left till i get this game in my hands and i should recieve my new ATI 5870 grahics card tomorrow so i can run it on max.

Hope i see a few of the VGC members on Trabia. Would be great setting up a linkshell with you all.

What were you running in the beta? I hear my 5850 should be able to max the game.

Wagram said:
Oniichan said:

What were you running in the beta? I hear my 5850 should be able to max the game.

I was running a 8800GT. Had the game on low with a low resolution to run it without to much lag. Was around 15-20fps in the city and 35-50fps outside.

The 5850 will run it fine. If you running everything on max settings then you will probably hurt your framerates when you go in cities but outside it should be fine.

Oniichan said:
Wagram said:
Oniichan said:

I was running a 8800GT. Had the game on low with a low resolution to run it without to much lag. Was around 15-20fps in the city and 35-50fps outside.

The 5850 will run it fine. If you running everything on max settings then you will probably hurt your framerates when you go in cities but outside it should be fine.

I'm going 720p as my Monitor can't support 1080p and I can't notice it anyways. So 720p max settings.

That or maybe get a new monitor and run on max except turn off Ambient Occlusion.

Around the Network
Wagram said:

That or maybe get a new monitor and run on max except turn off Ambient Occlusion.

Buy a TV  that has VGA in :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Wagram said:

Yeah that would work. But id take Tanstalas advice and get a TV with an extra HDMI port so you can connect your PC to your TV.

I played the beta on my 43" Pioneer Plasma with a PS3 controller. Was heaps awesome (will be doing the same in 2 days time).

Oniichan said:
Wagram said:

Yeah that would work. But id take Tanstalas advice and get a TV with an extra HDMI port so you can connect your PC to your TV.

I played the beta on my 43" Pioneer Plasma with a PS3 controller. Was heaps awesome (will be doing the same in 2 days time).

I have a 32" LED LG. I hooked it up via VGA to VGA I think and i'm not sure if that is the right way. It showed up and all but it was kinda off balance on the TV.

Were you guys having lots of server lag running the game? Want to make sure if its not my machine, because I can run it on standard just fine and ok on high.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

Were you guys having lots of server lag running the game? Want to make sure if its not my machine, because I can run it on standard just fine and ok on high.

Probably all the debuggers they had in the background for the beta. Those go away on release.