By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Julia Gillard, Australia's new/first female Prime Minister

Well this is random, I heard speculation over Kevin Rudd losing his role, but I never thought it would happen... and so soon. I've never even heard of this Julia Gillard lady before, so I find it strange that she is now leading our country. I guess time will tell if she does a good job. Though I can confidently say that I'm a bit happy that Kevin Rudd is out

So yeah, what are some other Aussies takes on this ? 

Julia Gillard...... she kind of looks like Tilda Swinton. 

Around the Network

Did they lose an election, or did he merely resign like Hatoyama?

A lot of turnover in major world leaders lately, Poland, Britain, Japan, now Australia. I need to keep up.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Im happy for her. Its the best way to win the next electon.

@Khan, his popularity was in the shitter, and he made alot of decisions without consulting the party, so ultimately his arrogance led to his downfall. He resigned btw.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

No.

His popularity in opinion polls and his dominearing style within the party lead to the party ousting him. Julia Gillard ran against him for the Labor leadership and since she won she's the new Prime-Minister.

We are having an election this year and sticking with Rudd probably meant that Labor would lose, so they ousted him.

That's nothing to what prime minister my country will have!

A French speaking Italian that's gay and very dandy.

Uhhh... And I'm talking about the French speaking part here, I don't mind that he's gay. 

ot:

Gratz to females all across the world? I guess. 

Around the Network
joris40 said:

Uhhh... And I'm talking about the French speaking part here, I don't mind that he's gay. 

ot:

Switzerland?

Indeed.

Slimebeast said:
joris40 said:

ot:

Switzerland?

Belgium.

nice redhead,

will it win them the election?

is the aussie labour like the british labour,

how left are they?

Above & Beyond

may aswell post in here,lol

we are giving you a good one day beating right now by the way

Above & Beyond