By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sessler on RAGE Xbox 360 - "No console game should look this good"

Rage does look very good, but Sessler needs to stop over exaggerating haha.  

Around the Network
Mvp4eVa said:

Who needs a PC when they still can make a game so graphic intense like RAGE.

I don't see a new Xbox coming anytime soon yet.

This current Xbox still has lots of juice left for years to come.

Only the "Professionals" can do what they did here, it makes the other developers looks like minor leaguers.  

They did an awesome job yes, but PC still has more games and variety than the 360 besides better graphics/physics and that's something people need to know before making comments like your first sentence in the post. What I'm really wondering about atm is if it's possible to port that engine to the 3DS lawlz. Capcom already ported their MT Framework for 3DS after all =D.

Zucas said:

Rage does look very good, but Sessler needs to stop over exaggerating haha.  

you need to look at that level of graphics at 60 FPS to understand what he's going through, think MW2 with idTech5 level graphics on your 360 and that should give you an idea.

Carmack is back to take the crown. 

Loads more gaming sites are coming forward with the best graphics ever claim.

Carmack is a man who deserves every praise his team get.

Looks fabulous Carmack. And you locked the damn thing at 60FPS. 

What a technical masterpiece.

It looks good but not thát good. I still see pop-up, faux dynamic lighting, texture pop-in, etc. But for a console game, it looks pretty good, and I must admit it seems like a world I'd like to explore (as long as there is more diversity than deserts and rock formations).

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

It looks good but not thát good. I still see pop-up, faux dynamic lighting, texture pop-in, etc. But for a console game, it looks pretty good, and I must admit it seems like a world I'd like to explore (as long as there is more diversity than deserts and rock formations).

yeah and the flora draw distance is pretty sad, but I really don't expect PC quality, so this looks pretty good, for a console.

dahuman said:
Mvp4eVa said:

Only the "Professionals" can do what they did here, it makes the other developers looks like minor leaguers.  

They did an awesome job yes, but PC still has more games and variety than the 360 besides better graphics/physics and that's something people need to know before making comments like your first sentence in the post. What I'm really wondering about atm is if it's possible to port that engine to the 3DS lawlz. Capcom already ported their MT Framework for 3DS after all =D.

I know what a gaming rig can do, I just meant for those who only have and play on consoles primarily and cant afford a gaming rig.  This gen surely can satisfy every console owner only needs. 

This Is not last gen anymore when pc's had 5 or 8 maybe 10x better graphics than a ps2 game.

MT framework is confirmed to run on the 3DS, so that would mean RE5 and Lost planet 2 on the go and specially in 3D..   ftw...lol

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Look's interesting, but it doesn't look like the best game I've ever seen. It being 60 FPS is probably what make's it so impressive, but the visual's aren't mind blowing like the guy was making out.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Mvp4eVa said:
dahuman said:
Mvp4eVa said:

I know what a gaming rig can do, I just meant for those who only have and play on consoles primarily and cant afford a gaming rig.  This gen surely can satisfy every console owner only needs. 

This Is not last gen anymore when pc's had 5 or 8 maybe 10x better graphics than a ps2 game.

MT framework is confirmed to run on the 3DS, so that would mean RE5 and Lost planet 2 on the go and specially in 3D..   ftw...lol

cost would be too high to make PC games that push the latest tech to the max which is too bad =/ I want a MT Framework MH with touch pad camera control, how awesome would that be? lol