By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft sees Fable III as a "great first step" for PC gaming

From Kotaku:

In terms of revenue, Windows is far and away the largest gaming platform in the world, so it's an incredibly important part of Microsoft's business. From core games like "Fable III" to casual, social and Facebook titles, more gaming happens on Windows than anywhere else. Windows 7 is a world-class gaming platform, and you can bet Microsoft has a vested interest in using it as a platform for amazing first party content. "Fable III" on Windows as well as Xbox 360 this holiday is a great first step, and we'll have more news for you later this summer.

*does not compute*

This is coming from what was formerly the most prolific PC gaming publisher around, before axing Ensemble, FASA, and Aces over the past three years.   I mean seriously, Fable III is a first step?  What about the original Fable six years ago?

Around the Network

Microsoft Flight Simulator (1982) was their first big step as a publisher in PC gaming, Age of Empires (1997) their second. It seems this company doesn't have a problem to neglect their roots.

It's probably to push Kinect for Windows or whatever they're going to call, it or maybe a response to Valve porting Steam and various games to OSX. Microsoft has done more to damage PC gaming than any other company I can think of.

I just hope the returned interest in PC gaming will lead to more PC games and a hell of a lot better GFWL or for to be scraped lol. Oh well maybe we will see Gears of war 3 and Allen Wake come to PC as well as Fable III, hears hoping by Fable III being the first step that there will be others. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

While this is all great to hear for PC fans, I can only see this feeding more to the fanboy war with agruments "X360 has no true exclusives", "X Game is Multiplat!!! I can play it on PC!!", etc.

Around the Network

To be honest, I wouldn't be that arsed if Microsoft just dropped PC gaming entirely. I'm not that bothered about Halo, Gears of War or even Fable- the only game I really wanted was Mass Effect and fortunately EA's got Bioware now. I just wish they'd either support it properly by making GfWL decent rather than the complete shit heap it is, and releasing PC versions at the same time as the 360. If they can't do that, then just quit with the embarrassing, half-arsed attempts and let Valve, Blizzard, EA, Bethesda etc etc carry on with the baton.

They can kiss my white Asian ass.

Cross-X said:

While this is all great to hear for PC fans, I can only see this feeding more to the fanboy war with agruments "X360 has no true exclusives", "X Game is Multiplat!!! I can play it on PC!!", etc.

Why should Microsoft, or anyone with an IQ above room temperature give a toss about stupid fanboy wars?

I don't know if I can lose more sympathy for Microsoft anymore, I thínk we've hit the rock bottom. They kept screwing PC gamers for years, closing down studios, axing great series, with the release of Xbox forcing PC user to switch to the console, creating the worst fucking piece of crap that is Windows Live and now suddenly they want to make the U-turn and make it seems all fluffy and dandy?

Amazing first party content? Sorry Microsoft, but you have none, thank yourself. Thanks god there is nothing like first party in the PC world. And a finger to you software dinosaur .!..

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Foamer said:
Cross-X said:

Why should Microsoft, or anyone with an IQ above room temperature give a toss about stupid fanboy wars?

And what are you trying to prove? I said it's great to hear for PC fans but fanboys are only just gonna use this to their advantage. That's all I'm saying and yet you say why should MS care about fanboy wars??? Did I say "MS, it's only gonna feed the fire in the fanboy wars so don't support PC!"??? No. And I'm pretty sure that everyone knew that Sony, MS or Nintendo don't give a shit about the fanboy wars...