By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBox 360 S overheating video

Alby_da_Wolf said:

LOL, MS toasted another one!     

Edit: but MS is very clever, it conspired with Icelandic Army and moneyhatted it to make a subterranean nuclear test that caused that Yalla-Yalla volcano to erupt, ensuring this one will be the coolest Summer in the last decennia and so making overheating issues a lot less likely. 

Maybe in Europe. But eastern North America is sweltering under temps that are close to 5C above normal.

This after a winter of record winter precipitation and a cool summer in 2009.

We are not ready for it. Maybe the plan is to have everyone stay in and have to buy games.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

BS! 

and I like how sony fans say "lets hope this is a random issue"... thats a very thin veil

Actually no such post was made? And certainly not multiple ones like the word fans would make you believe. Well played though.

mike_intellivision said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

LOL, MS toasted another one!     

Edit: but MS is very clever, it conspired with Icelandic Army and moneyhatted it to make a subterranean nuclear test that caused that Yalla-Yalla volcano to erupt, ensuring this one will be the coolest Summer in the last decennia and so making overheating issues a lot less likely. 

Maybe in Europe. But eastern North America is sweltering under temps that are close to 5C above normal.

This after a winter of record winter precipitation and a cool summer in 2009.

We are not ready for it. Maybe the plan is to have everyone stay in and have to buy games.

Mike from Morgantown

That's what spoiled MS' otherwise perfect plans during the last years, Ballmer's avarice! He didn't want to moneyhat the Rangers of Yellowstone too!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

theprof00 said:
AussieGecko said:

Why do people shake xbox's when on... I just dont understand it. My xbox has never scratched a disk, ( i have too much fun doing that myself, and no i dont literally mean to scratch them i just get lazy and forget to put things in covers. ) My xbox has never rrod'd etc etc, you people need to relax, i preordered a new "xbox360s slim" which my store likes to call it, from that the s stands for shiny :p. I pre-ordered mine for 400 dollars aussie :D wooo cheap (for australia).

My ps3 is the only one of my consoles to stuff up, am i gonna make a youtube video of it? No, am i gonna make a big deal of it? no, i work in an electronics store, things F$#K UP, it happens. The sooner people realise this the better. Though i dropped my laptop in water while it was on then 1 month later it turned to working perfectly again ( guessing it had to dry :p )... that is all... for now :P

nobody has been shaking the xboxes. That is a common reaction (mostly from xbox fans) to the sound of a cd shooting around inside the cd tray area.

my comment was directed at the video, they are surprised there is a stuff up on the disk. The freaking laser is wobbling. And as I mentioned my xbox has been moved while on and hasnt done shite, it has been falling mainly because of my inco-ordination of you know walking :p

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

theprof00 said:
augustoaag said:

FAKE  and i would say "FULL OF FAILURE FAKE"

There is a core x360 running the game off screen.

Look the core 360 box (the green one) in his room.

The arcade- core  console has a white dvd not silver, so none of the 3 that we can see is the arcade.

Even the fail dude says he has four 360...

Also, the disc scraching is another fake, the dude turns off the console on the sly, we can't see the disc all the time and it sound like some pens in a box... 

But the biggest proof is that the same video is all over the internet, it hasn't been replicated, maybe they can't.

QQ
maybe we can get nightsurge to put an old cd in his drive and tilt it.

Oh, and why do you think it's so fake even though MS put a sticker right on the console front telling you not to move it? That's never been on any console before. There is obviously a problem with it, and maybe it's that the xbox is the one that's filled with pens. That seems like one of MS' typical design features XD

Haha, the disc scratching video wasn't fake at all.  That is something that can happen in pretty much every console, but happens more often on 360's because the 360 uses a tray instead of a slot loading drive like the other two.  Both other consoles state in their user manual to not move the console while a disc is spinning.

That said, this video on youtube could be easily faked.  As he said, he has 4 360's but only 3 are visible.  Also, he doesn't state that he tried any kind of trouble shooting whatsoever.  The most likely reason for the weird lines is from a loose video connection as I have had that exact same thing happen to me before and reinserting my video cable fixed it.

And even if this video is 100% real, it is not unexpected.  Every console out there has a failure rate of at least 1%, which is completely acceptable in terms of advanced electronic devices.  That means that if MS has sold at least 10,000 new systems already, there will be 100 potentially failed units either DOA errors or will fail over time.  So of that 100, chances are one will have a random issue show up sooner rather than later.  The more they sell, the more chance of someone posting a video to youtube.

It is in no way, shape, or form representative of all new 360 consoles.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
AussieGecko said:

Why do people shake xbox's when on... I just dont understand it. My xbox has never scratched a disk, ( i have too much fun doing that myself, and no i dont literally mean to scratch them i just get lazy and forget to put things in covers. ) My xbox has never rrod'd etc etc, you people need to relax, i preordered a new "xbox360s slim" which my store likes to call it, from that the s stands for shiny :p. I pre-ordered mine for 400 dollars aussie :D wooo cheap (for australia).

My ps3 is the only one of my consoles to stuff up, am i gonna make a youtube video of it? No, am i gonna make a big deal of it? no, i work in an electronics store, things F$#K UP, it happens. The sooner people realise this the better. Though i dropped my laptop in water while it was on then 1 month later it turned to working perfectly again ( guessing it had to dry :p )... that is all... for now :P

nobody has been shaking the xboxes. That is a common reaction (mostly from xbox fans) to the sound of a cd shooting around inside the cd tray area.

Of course people shake things they shouldn't. I mean they even have to have advertisements on TV to remind people not to shake babies. Now if people are dumb enough to shake babies then im sure they could work up the dumb to shake a console whilst its in operation.

Tease.

That's sad after a couple days it broke already. I've gotta think its just a bad unit though, I doubt they're all that bad.

Wait... I can't shake a baby?

LOL JK!

nightsurge said:
theprof00 said:
augustoaag said:

FAKE  and i would say "FULL OF FAILURE FAKE"

There is a core x360 running the game off screen.

Look the core 360 box (the green one) in his room.

The arcade- core  console has a white dvd not silver, so none of the 3 that we can see is the arcade.

Even the fail dude says he has four 360...

Also, the disc scraching is another fake, the dude turns off the console on the sly, we can't see the disc all the time and it sound like some pens in a box... 

But the biggest proof is that the same video is all over the internet, it hasn't been replicated, maybe they can't.

QQ
maybe we can get nightsurge to put an old cd in his drive and tilt it.

Oh, and why do you think it's so fake even though MS put a sticker right on the console front telling you not to move it? That's never been on any console before. There is obviously a problem with it, and maybe it's that the xbox is the one that's filled with pens. That seems like one of MS' typical design features XD

Haha, the disc scratching video wasn't fake at all.  That is something that can happen in pretty much every console, but happens more often on 360's because the 360 uses a tray instead of a slot loading drive like the other two.  Both other consoles state in their user manual to not move the console while a disc is spinning.

That said, this video on youtube could be easily faked.  As he said, he has 4 360's but only 3 are visible.  Also, he doesn't state that he tried any kind of trouble shooting whatsoever.  The most likely reason for the weird lines is from a loose video connection as I have had that exact same thing happen to me before and reinserting my video cable fixed it.

And even if this video is 100% real, it is not unexpected.  Every console out there has a failure rate of at least 1%, which is completely acceptable in terms of advanced electronic devices.  That means that if MS has sold at least 10,000 new systems already, there will be 100 potentially failed units either DOA errors or will fail over time.  So of that 100, chances are one will have a random issue show up sooner rather than later.  The more they sell, the more chance of someone posting a video to youtube.

It is in no way, shape, or form representative of all new 360 consoles.

He seems to know what he's doing when it comes to console problems. Like I said, with the amount of hardware and sheer fanboyism he's displaying, a loose wire cannot be the problem. He would have learned that over 20 years or so of gaming.

Yeah, I also don't think this is indicative of what the consoles will be like in the future. This guy was just unlucky.

Oh yeah I meant to write this before, he has 2 ps3 boxes but only one ps3 hooked up. Chances are, the other 360 is either broken, or some such similar reason.

the new stealthbox shuts itself down once it starts to overheat. 

---------------------------

New Xbox 360 has red dot of death, instead? Not quite

RRoD may be gone by omission, but that doesn't mean your new Xbox 360 won't occasionally give you the evil eye. Case in point: this 250GB unit spotted over at NeoGAF, which has a red dot smack dab in the center of the power button. What message is it trying to convey? Find out after the break. 

Microsoft's leaving nothing to chance -- this Xbox 360 takes care of itself.
engadget
------------------------------
I think we will be just fine with the new xbox.

Kinect! who needs video games!