By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If glitches remain and you can't sit will you still buy Kinect?

If glitches remain and you can't sit will you still buy Kinect?

Yes 8 18.18%

No 36 81.82%

Total:44
Holesome said:

For some reason, although there may be situations of glitches, I suspect there is a gross exageration of problems with Kinect resulting in an over representation of a systemic problem.  I'm certain (hopefull) all will be fine by release and any minor glitches, if any, will be quickly resolved by updates.

They've had a year to fix sitting and the other hardware glitches, Sure I'm guessing after E3 they will work on it being able to tell peoples hieghts and such but I can't see sitting being worked out in a few months when they promised it last year. If they couldn't fix it in a year I doubt they can in a few months!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:

Not all tech has glitches I don't recal any hardware glitches on DreamCast , Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube , Nintendo Wii or Nintendo DS. And if you don't consider RROD and over heating power boxes then no hardware glitches on X-Box or 360. Or how about the new I-Pad haven't heard of glitches there?

I can't recal the last time I bought a system with glitches or a controler for that matter. The Wiimote wasn't glitchy and neither was the touch pad on the DS. Not all new technology has many glitches. If their are many noticable glitches with the Kinect then in my opinion it should be delayed till they get worked out.

Dreamcast day 1 purchasers were surprised to find out that the system shipped with several games that wouldn't boot due to a glitch with the copyright protection schemes. (I had 2 games myself on launch day that were broken)

N64 launched before it was ready with only 2 games (yes only 2 games)

Early Wii's had a glitch playing SSBB and it wouldn't load it was the first Dual Layered disc game.

Ipads have several glitches such as the Wi-Fi doesn't always work, flash based websites don't work, and many iPad owners have said their email accounts were hacked.

To answer your question...no.  But...

1. Most glitches we've seen are from the software not kinect itself.

2. Most likely (by 90% or more) any glitches that kinect may have will be fixed by the time its released.

3. By the time it gets released you will be able to sit down with kinect.

Not to sound fanboyish here, but I don't really trust MS in making quality hardware. If they can't even make a game console without having it break on you 33% of the time, how in the world are they going to pull off a full body 3D motion camera and make it work properly? I predict a lot of glitches and complaints for this thing when it comes out.

Not only can you apparently not sit down while playing, but it doesn't even work with more than two people? Sounds like a real winner to me..

I will probably buy kinect no matter what as the tech intrigues me, and I want to support interfaces going  that direction. Same reason I bought a wii. Do I think it will be perfect right out the door? No way, I am sure there will be hiccups, but I believe they will all be software related, and therefor fixable through patching.  But as with my wii, I will play most games with it standing up, just feels natural for motion games, so I am not to worried about sitting down for kinect. Although I feel it should work sitting down for menu navigation.