By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - kinect 149$ price is just right !?

i think because a multi players can play with one kinect while if you want to play a 4 player game with move then you should buy 4 move for example you want to buy the move bundle for 100$ + 3 move sticks for 3 X 50$ = 150$ + the optional analog controller for each move 3 X 30$ = 90$ and now count .. 100 + 150 + 90 = 340 $ !!??  

move cost 50$ for the motion controller but 

you also need the optional controller for some games which is 30$ more 

so if you want the compete set for one move  then you should pay 70$ + of course the ps camera.

note: dont take it seriously because this only my opinion :)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

The Xbox 360 did cost $399 at launch and the PS3 $599. So was the price of the 360 just right? No, but it was at least a lot cheaper.

Btw, you forgot to factor in the purchase of a 3D TV for the PS3, because otherwise you don't get the complete experience.

i think i will make a thread about this later .. thnx.

i think some games need 2 move to play

it.

Yeah, but all this is assuming that I need to buy all the extra move accessories just to play multiplayer .

For me, I live in a house with one other person who is not interested in video games at all. All of my friends harcorde gamers and are likely purchase the move bundle for themselves. And if we wanted to play a game locally, they just have to bring their controller... it's pretty much the same scenario as it is now with our normal controllers.

And it's pretty much the same deal with Kinect as well, except they wouldn't need to lug over their kinect to play at a game at one of our homes. But, obviously they'd have to buy it for themselves if they wanted to play at their own house.

So for me, I'm still looking at it like this.

Move = $100

Kinect= $150?

Both are cheap

Around the Network

Kinect - $149
Wii & Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort & Wii Motion Plus - $199

For $50 more you get a full console plus two games.  I doubt either system will be eating into the Wii's sales, especially with the Wii's monster upcoming line up.

makingmusic476 said:

Kinect - $149
Wii & Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort & Wii Motion Plus - $199

For $50 more you get a full console plus two games.  I doubt either system will be eating into the Wii's sales, especially with the Wii's monster upcoming line up.

We don't know the price point now, or what is bundled with it.  At $150 the Kinect system does figure to at least come with one game.   I can see that Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures are very likely both candidates for bundling.  At $99 you see one bundled.  Microsoft does have a record of putting two games in with their system.  With the two games and Kinects, they offer casual players a chance at getting stuff they are interested in.

Of course, if they go $100 and both games, they are doing real well there to.