By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii...most immature

So we all know that Nintendo has always had less mature games but compared to Xbox and PS3 the Wii shows to have almost nothing. 82% of games are E or E10+ while only 3.2% of the games are mature. While less than half the games on Xbox and PS3 are under Teen.

So for everybody that was saying Resident Evil will make the Wii a more mature console, it will need more than only one game.

Personnally I am not complaining as almost every game comming out on PS360 are violent games which after a while pisses me off and gives me the itch to go back to my GB and play Super Mario Land once more. But it is always fun having some good mature games to play.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/2604/esrb_rating_distributions_and_.php?page=4

Edit: The only reason I called the Wii immature is because of what Joystiq had to say:http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/12/01/graphs-point-out-wiis-immaturity/

I don't think people who play Wii are immature as I myself, would like to have one of my own and I will purchase one in the future. So don't accuse me of calling you immature!!!

Around the Network

Okay, the thread title pisses me off.

It is immature because it has no mature games!??!?!?!!!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Shut up, just shut up.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I am not the one who said it...http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/12/01/graphs-point-out-wiis-immaturity/

Less violent games yes. More immature games no.

There is a difference. In any case the two most violent games so far this generation are coming to the Wii, those being Manhunt 2 and No More Heroes.

dtewi said:

Shut up, just shut up.

Its becuase it barely has Teen games, or even E 10+ games.

mM
Around the Network

Shut up you poopy-head.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must have my milk and cookies.

Immature is exactly the opposite of what you're saying. To me a game like Manhunt is more immature than carnival games. But I'm going to chalk this one up to semantics. You're trying to say it's the console with the least games targeted at higher age ratings.

And yes, yes it is.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

leo-j said:
dtewi said:

Shut up, just shut up.

The reason dtewi is pissed is because 'immature' suggests games made specifically for children whereas many Wii games are made for adults, they just lack the violence nessecary to get a M rating.

leo-j said:
dtewi said:

Shut up, just shut up.

That isn't immaturity. This is simply lack of mature games, nothing else. Immaturity means to do something in a manner that is chilidsh and unpleasant. So far M rated games are the more immature ones.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Video games were intended for children, not adults.

mM