By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will you buy the new slimmer X-Box

Will you buy the new slimmer X-Box

Yes 80 50.00%

No 80 50.00%

Total:160

After I saw the new slimmer X-Box shown I freaked. I immediatly traded in my Elite for a pre-order of the new Slim. Mine is supposed to arrive sometime this weekend and I am psyched for it. I'm alittle worried about the talk of the console scratching disks if moved, I'm not sure if I can play my console vertically.

I was wondering how many others have decided to buy the new slimmer 360?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

1. no, I'm not buying a360.

2. the disc scratch is only if you move it while playing. Not leaving it horizontal or vertical. So you don't have to leave it in the vert position.

no im nt buying it because i already have an xbox and there are many other games coming out to spend money on. But the new xbox does look very cool and if i could i would.

a larger harddrive might be nice...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

if i ever do pick up an xbox i would! i probly wont but damn does it looks smexy!

i'd imagine it wont fail nearly as much either (all electronics fail but im sure this one will be within reason)

Around the Network

I imagine my xmas present this year could very well be a new 360 to replace my tired old premium. 

axumblade said:
Joelcool7 said:

After I saw the new slimmer X-Box shown I freaked. I immediatly traded in my Elite for a pre-order of the new Slim. Mine is supposed to arrive sometime this weekend and I am psyched for it. I'm alittle worried about the talk of the console scratching disks if moved, I'm not sure if I can play my console vertically.

I was wondering how many others have decided to buy the new slimmer 360?

I do want one because I think it looks sleek and I like the smaller size of it.

The 360 issue is if its moved while in action, which most people who move their consoles around while playing a video game are kind of idiots. x.o There's always a few exceptions but I don't see why anybody would bother moving their system while playing it.

True I can't recall the last time I moved my X-Box while it was on. I just don't like hearing negative news about a product I just ordered. Makes me feel alittle uncertain. I think I have moved it before while the console was on because of my fan which started making noises. Though I won't have the fan anymore for the Xbox so I don't think there would ever be a reason to move it while the disk is spinning.

Just incase I think I'll start buying those game warranties from EBGames, better safe then sorry!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

yes

1: Im out of HDD Space

2: i have been wanting Wifi for my 360

4: My 360 will only read Certain Games anymore

5: New 360 is Beautiful/Soundless and no more RROD.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I want to get a new 360 when kinect comes out, and I like the look of the console and could really use the bigger harddrive. I can't wait for kinect and to get a new 360

Nope. I've bought 3 xbox 360's, because they kept breaking... so I think I've given Microsoft enough of my money XD.

Though if the one I have now decides that it wants to die, then I'll definitely upgrade to the new version.