By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Am I the only one thinking of canceling my iPhone 4 pre-order?

Looks like the initial pre-order supply has run out. Apple won't ship more until July 2nd. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones to get in on it, and have it reserved for in store pick up on launch day. After many timeouts, and lockups when I tried to pick home delivery. But there's one problem.

I wanted the white one.

For reasons unknown, Apple did not have the option to pre-order the white iPhone. Worse yet, nothing official from Apple other than they'll ship as soon as they can. But no date. Will we see the white one in a few weeks? A few months? I always like the 'ipod' white look, and with the glass front and back it really looks like the second or third generation iPod (Now iPod Classic) and that was my favorite style.

I dunno. As it stands, I'm playing the waiting game. Seeing what Apple says. I'm considering canceling my preorder, and waiting for the white one (Which will bring with it another hectic launch I'm sure) but I'm not 100% sure. If I have to look at a phone for 2 years, I'd rather not have buyer's remorse and choose the color I want. I also don't need the new phone on launch day. But I am thinking of selling my original iPhone, which to my surprise is getting up to $200 in some auctions (Locked no less) on EBay. And I feel the longer I wait, the less I'll make off it. I'm sure there will be quite an influx of 3G and 3G S phone coming really soon.

I'm also going on vacation in September, and it'd be an added bonus to have a video camera phone, with iMovie, so I can take some video to have. But with no launch date from Apple, the white iPhone may not even be out in september.

Decisions decisions. Anyone else finding themselves in the same boat, for whatever reason? Wanting the white one, but settling for the black? If so, anyone thinking about canceling their preorder like I am?