By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GoldenEye 007 confirmed for Wii?

hope they dont fuck up

and hope its true we can play it with the classic pro

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Around the Network
twistedcellz said:

hope they dont fuck up

why? The wii controller is superior?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

makingmusic476 said:
RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
RolStoppable said:

The graphics were great in 1997, what are you talking about? It was one of the best looking console games at the time.

Okay, textures and effects were good, but the blocky character look was worse than many PS1 games, along with a notorious draw distance.

Not bashing the game, just noting the game's meant to play great, not look great. All I'm asking for is cleaner graphics, better draw distance, and control as great as Conduit/MWR.

Again, what are you talking about? The characters actually weren't blocky, because it was one of the first games to use soft-skinning on the models, meaning textures would go seamlessly over the usually rough edges (like shoulders, elbows, knees) of polygon characters. The draw distance was pretty good too, it was the first console FPS in which you could actually use a sniper rifle, just check out the dam level.

Also worth of note is that the game despite it already good looks managed to have music in four player splitscreen mode, something Nintendo failed on in Mario Kart 64, a game that looked far worse just about half a year before Goldeneye was released. (The Nintendo 64 didn't have a sound chip; graphics and sound were both generated by the GPU, so developers had to make tradeoffs between those two elements.)

Wow.  MK64 is possibly my most played game of all time, and I never noticed tha

BTW, "blocky" doesn't just mean "shaped like a rectangle". You sure as hell could see the polygon breaks. So (rol) don't tell me that isn't blocky.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I think it was nintendo's e3 thrid party highlight

thanks ign for leaking it

RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

BTW, "blocky" doesn't just mean "shaped like a rectangle". You sure as hell could see the polygon breaks. So (rol) don't tell me that isn't blocky.

To prove your point you could always post pics/videos of Goldeneye characters and compare them to the ones of Tomb Raider 1/2 or Resident Evil which were pretty much the best the PS1 had around that time. Even characters from fighting games like Tekken 1/2 didn't look better, although Soul Edge clearly surpassed the Rare game, but that wasn't before 1998.

Besides, technically you could say that all polygon characters during the 5th gen era had a "blocky" look to them.

But some had smoothed it out, like in RE 2 and 3, FF VIII and IX, and Metal Gear Solid.

And the wrapping textures were still over blocky shapes, so even if that was an effect, which I acknowledged, it still didn't really help the graphics.

I just don't like this idea of holding the graphics of older games on a pedestal, mainly because the effect, even if you don't intend it, is to try to bash any later versions that don't like up to the non-existant high standard of the older game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

i watch the trailer again and i definitely can see that CoD influenced this....im trying to decide if thats good or not.

killeryoshis said:
twistedcellz said:

hope they dont fuck up

ur right but I dont care about that

Im more comfortable  playin with a real controller

thats the way I been playin video games all my life so Im not changin that

but to get more option is always better than forcin everybody to play it their new way

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

twistedcellz said:
killeryoshis said:
twistedcellz said:

hope they dont fuck up

ur right but I dont care about that

Im more comfortable  playin with a real controller

thats the way I been playin video games all my life so Im not changin that

but to get more option is always better than forcin everybody to play it their new way

So you hate change -_- Well you better get used to it. Motion controls will be standered
by next generation and most likly the standered controller will be gone. So its best to start
now

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

RolStoppable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
RolStoppable said:

To prove your point you could always post pics/videos of Goldeneye characters and compare them to the ones of Tomb Raider 1/2 or Resident Evil which were pretty much the best the PS1 had around that time. Even characters from fighting games like Tekken 1/2 didn't look better, although Soul Edge clearly surpassed the Rare game, but that wasn't before 1998.

Besides, technically you could say that all polygon characters during the 5th gen era had a "blocky" look to them.

But some had smoothed it out, like in RE 2 and 3, FF VIII and IX, and Metal Gear Solid.

And the wrapping textures were still over blocky shapes, so even if that was an effect, which I acknowledged, it still didn't really help the graphics.

I just don't like this idea of holding the graphics of older games on a pedestal, mainly because the effect, even if you don't intend it, is to try to bash any later versions that don't like up to the non-existant high standard of the older game.

All those games you mentioned came out in 1998 or later.

The graphics of the original Goldeneye deserve to be put on a pedestal for many reasons, just like all other aspects of the game. It wasn't just a game with addicting gameplay and multiplayer, it was a new benchmark for console FPS all around, including its graphics.

I wonder if this new Goldeneye game is really looking so bad that you already have to do preemptive damage control for the final product. The developers of this title have to live up to high standards and nobody should give them the impression that they can get away with halfassed graphics. Fans of the original game have the right to expect nothing less than the best FPS experience on the Wii. Which, actually, isn't that high of an expectation anyway, given the efforts other developers put into their FPS games so far.

And that's the notion that I have a problem with. Somehow having "halfassed graphics" (by some silly standard the polygon count matters more than art direction) will netage EVERY OTHER THING that would make this what you want it to be, even if it met those.

EDIT: This matters, because graphics that gamers think are good take resources to make, and those resources would be better spent making the rest of the games good. Nintendo halfassed Mario Kart Wii and NSMBWii, and only the gaming community cared, not the mainstream, which is the group that made the first Goldeneye a hit.

I feel bad for Conduit 2 :(

It's looking to be a great game and it has to go against 007 and Call Of Duty...

I don't think The Grinder will will make it :(