By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3-DS is more of a 'mature hardcore' system than the DS?

axumblade said:
Source? Oh wait....you were banned.
Anybody have a source for this? lol

You ask for a source? It's weezy, he's his own source.

Around the Network
kleen said:

I want to get one. I jsut hope it isn't too expensive and the 3d doesnt give me headaches.

It has been stated numerous times that the 3D will be optional. meaning you can turn it on or off whenever you want.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

axumblade said:
okr said:
axumblade said:
Source? Oh wait....you were banned.
Anybody have a source for this? lol

You ask for a source? It's weezy, he's his own source.

Is he secretly pachter?

No, but one of VGC's funniest members.

(if it gets announced) dont get your hopes up a 3ds probably wasnt in the works at all to begin with, i hate hypers)

Siko1989 said:

(if it gets announced) dont get your hopes up a 3ds probably wasnt in the works at all to begin with, i hate hypers)

But, Nintendo officially announced they were working on it, and are going to show it off at E3.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network

Nintendo are competing with the App Store, not Apple themselves.

Still, expect plenty of 3D touch generations style titles.

If anything, this is going to be more of a lifestyle device.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'm wondering if this is a stumbling move on Nintendo part. What appeal does 3d have to an expanded market. What advantage does it have. We can understand TS since it's more intuitive to touch. 3D in software doesn't strike me as breaking down more barriers. The 3d strike me as a graphical evolution than a revolution. 

I don't know. I can normally imagine what a technology can bring to the field for a large audience. This 3D stuff. I don't see any market benefit. It feels like it's an attempt to resell the DS to the same market.

I may be hesitant about the purpose of the technology, but i'm still looking forward to the new 3DS. My DSLite shoulder buttons don't work any more :| this sounds like a good replacement.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Personally, I think the 3DS could become a "Whole Market" device in the way that the PS2 was ...

Unlike the DS, few third party publishers are going to question the 3DS’s success and they will all (potentially) heavily support it with a wide variety of games from the start. This could translate to attracting a very broad-base of gamers which can support a very diverse library, which in turn will ensure that all genres are well represented on the 3DS throughout its life.

HappySqurriel said:

Personally, I think the 3DS could become a "Whole Market" device in the way that the PS2 was ...

Unlike the DS, few third party publishers are going to question the 3DS’s success and they will all (potentially) heavily support it with a wide variety of games from the start. This could translate to attracting a very broad-base of gamers which can support a very diverse library, which in turn will ensure that all genres are well represented on the 3DS throughout its life.

I think that's a very good point. Oddly enough there was a lot of doubt towards the prior launch. Even shortly afterwards it took a good year and a half before 3rd parties started getting games onto the system. At the time it did seem that 3rd parties seriously backed the PSP even though Sony had proved nothing in the console market. When migrating to the PS3 everyone again assumed the PS3 would be market lead. Of course all the havoc in regards to sales followed.

This could be a different case entirely. This could be similar to the PS2. Nintendo is currently strong and if they stay focused on the goal. They are going to get the developers on the 3DS right on the go. I think you have something there. Though I still feel that the 3DS is a evolution of the graphics than a barrier break down. Guess we will find out tomorrow and I will keep my mind open.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.