By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3-DS is more of a 'mature hardcore' system than the DS?

Nintendo is going all out. I have a feeling the DS is gonna be kept around a LOOONG time for the kiddie's and/or casuals, while the more expensive 3-ds will be aimed towards hardcore and of course the casuals who want to play 3D soduku

cuz apple is now doing thier thing, nintendo has to release,earlier than they wanted to, a newer badder handheld.

it is on.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

That's not really any different than the DS audience, and why should it be? There are enough games on the DS to satisfy the hardcore, the casual, and just about any type of gamer I can think of. I'm not expecting the 3DS to have any radically different types of games or a radically different type of audience than what the DS already has.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Nintendo is after the "hardcore" audience. If the graphics are rumored to be powerful then a Wii, expect major games for the graphic whores. If the PSP don't deliver graphics on par with the PS3, it will get its ass kicked again.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

weezy said:

Nintendo is going all out. I have a feeling the DS is gonna be kept around a LOOONG time for the kiddie's and/or casuals, while the more expensive 3-ds will be aimed towards hardcore and of course the casuals who want to play 3D soduku

cuz apple is now doing thier thing, nintendo has to release,earlier than they wanted to, a newer badder handheld.

it is on.

why does everyone think nintendo is competing with apple? i just don't get it.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Christian973 said:

Nintendo is after the "hardcore" audience. If the graphics are rumored to be powerful then a Wii, expect major games for the graphic whores. If the PSP don't deliver graphics on par with the PS3, it will get its ass kicked again.

from wat we heard, it will

Around the Network

Screw the "hardcore". I don't want Nintendo to sell out and cave into the whiny-ass internet forum crowd. I'm hoping they keep expanding the market and not abandon their core values because of a bunch of sorry douchebags. Sure, add more capabilities to the 3DS, but continue to make it accessible to all people.

nope, don't agree at all.  The DS software market is shrinking rapidly now, it's an old system and casuals are losing interest.  Those casual/kiddie games are not selling all that well anymore.  The 3DS isn't gonna be for a different audience.   It's gonna pick up where the DS left off. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

vonboysp said:
weezy said:

it is on.

why does everyone think nintendo is competing with apple? i just don't get it.

They aren't directly competing with them...yet.  However, since they went an entire gen not really competing with anyone, they are now in the position of basically just losing their marketshare to everyone.  MS and Sony are working on cutting into it with Natal/Move and heavy focus on advertising to the 'casual' market.  And now Apple has entered into the mix with a formitable handheld unit.

Basically, Nintendo has two options.  Come up with something 'completely revolutionary' like Wii and DS again or...start competing at their level.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

I want to get one. I jsut hope it isn't too expensive and the 3d doesnt give me headaches.

If Nintendo sells out to the whiney 11 year old 'hardcore' crowd, I will cry myself to sleep for many years to come.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m