By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 SLIM PICTURES INSIDE!!

Carl2291 said:
NightAntilli said:
Carl2291 said:

That's horrible...

WTF is with the weird slants?

And judging by the size of the disc drive... It doesn't even look that much smaller :|

Maybe brick is internal this time. Also, internal hard drive.. How much smaller can it get? Where you expecting Wii-size?

I was expecting smaller. Not Wii-size, obviously, but at least a noticeable size change. Not just shape.

And i doubt the power brick will be internal, after all the heating problems 360's have had in the past that would be the last thing i can see them doing.

Err, that's why they call it a redesign. That thing could have liquid cooling for all we know and look at the air vent!

Around the Network
Seece said:

I really like it, was hoping for a slot loading drive though!

Same, slot loading is better but I install all my games now so either is just as quiet. I'll have more room left over too with a 250gb hardrive :D

It looks pretty bad ass, but i dont think the 360  needs a redesign. The PS3 Slim fixed everything that was wrong with the PS3, from the price to the marketing and that's why the PS3 re-branding was so effective. I dont think the same issues that was plaguing the PS3 a year ago is plaguing the 360 now, so i would hope the M$ knows that much, but i dont care what anybody says that new design looks sick.

Garnett said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:
KylieDog said:

It looks like a regular 360 after someone booted its sides in?

From the GAF thread -

I would LOVE to see someone make a picture with the ugly ass slim PS3, but it aint gonna happen because the internet is ruled by PS fans. Any and every Slim/ redesigned console are ugly, PSX was ugly, PS2 slim was ugly, PS3 slim ugly,Xbox Slim ugly.

That's a lie. That's the only re-design i really like instead of the original... so far

Slim PS2 sucked, it over heated, disc tray only worked half the time. If the internet was more popular back then, it would of been an RROD scenario.

And Redesigned Xbox > original (Its a 5 year old console, it deserves a make over)

Oh my god. You're such an annoying fanboy it's unbelievable. If you were British my face would explode I swear. First of all the ps2 slim never overheated.

Second how does the ps3 slim look ugly? You're saying that the xbox 360 looks better? With dented sides and slots to improve heating because they can't get it right? Right. The ps3 slim may not look visually eye pealing BUT IT IS SLIM! Get it?! This xbox 360 'slim' version is hardly slim, it's just another way to make people buy ANOTHER xbox 360 to rake in the cash. Nothing of value in this unit.

Don't even bother expecting a response from be, I don't intend to play mind games with you. See what I did there? I know your sorry ass will comment this because you're a sad fanboy that replies to everything even if you're wrong.

LoveGenie said:
Garnett said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Garnett said:
Carl2291 said:
KylieDog said:

It looks like a regular 360 after someone booted its sides in?

From the GAF thread -

I would LOVE to see someone make a picture with the ugly ass slim PS3, but it aint gonna happen because the internet is ruled by PS fans. Any and every Slim/ redesigned console are ugly, PSX was ugly, PS2 slim was ugly, PS3 slim ugly,Xbox Slim ugly.

That's a lie. That's the only re-design i really like instead of the original... so far

Slim PS2 sucked, it over heated, disc tray only worked half the time. If the internet was more popular back then, it would of been an RROD scenario.

And Redesigned Xbox > original (Its a 5 year old console, it deserves a make over)

Oh my god. You're such an annoying fanboy it's unbelievable. If you were British my face would explode I swear. First of all the ps2 slim never overheated.

Second how does the ps3 slim look ugly? You're saying that the xbox 360 looks better? With dented sides and slots to improve heating because they can't get it right? Right. The ps3 slim may not look visually eye pealing BUT IT IS SLIM! Get it?! This xbox 360 'slim' version is hardly slim, it's just another way to make people buy ANOTHER xbox 360 to rake in the cash. Nothing of value in this unit.

Don't even bother expecting a response from be, I don't intend to play mind games with you. See what I did there? I know your sorry ass will comment this because you're a sad fanboy that replies to everything even if you're wrong.

1. Why am i  a fanboy?

2.  PS3 slim is ugly, before it was confirmed, people were saying their true opinion, now its "Acceptable"

3. Xbox 360 does look better than PS3 slim, does the Xbox 360 Slim/Redesigned look better? I dont know as i havent seen it up close.

4. No one said its a Slim Xbox, us xbox fans wanted a slim one and we all thought it would make sense to make one.

5. People bought another PS3, just because it was Slim, and nothing of value in this Xbox? WHAT? 250 HDD, Built in Wifi???? Those two alone cost $200, but they're BUILT IN!

6. I dont give a shit if you responde to me or not, I dont go hide after i post a comment.

Around the Network

I haven't liked the redesign of either console this generation, unlike the one previous - I very much liked the PS2's redesign.

This immediately reminded me of an elongated rocketship. Though I can't speak with any finality, I much prefer the original design.

i said the same thing, it is not all that great either

Locking this as well since the other, much larger thread covers this topic.

Carl2291 said:
daroamer said:
Carl2291 said:
NightAntilli said:
Carl2291 said:

That's horrible...

WTF is with the weird slants?

And judging by the size of the disc drive... It doesn't even look that much smaller :|

Maybe brick is internal this time. Also, internal hard drive.. How much smaller can it get? Where you expecting Wii-size?

I was expecting smaller. Not Wii-size, obviously, but at least a noticeable size change. Not just shape.

And i doubt the power brick will be internal, after all the heating problems 360's have had in the past that would be the last thing i can see them doing.

And you can tell the size of it how exactly?  There is no other point of reference in that picture at all.

The disc tray.

Its definitely a few inches shorter.  The old disc tray went to about halfway down, this one appears to go past halfway of the total height.  It also appears to be shorter in depth than the 360, but I can't say that for sure until I see an exact side by side reference.  The hard drive has been removed from the top making it a bit shorter again.  The one big vent on the side proves the combined cpu/gpu pretty well and the leaked mobo shots were legit.

I don't expect them to make the power supply internal.  However, with these revisions it should once again lower the power needs so the external power brick should be even smaller than it is now with Jaspers.

It's nice that it will have 250gb standard and wifi built in now, as well