By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you believe this ?

Thats ridiculous. 360 waited over a year for their first price cut and the PS3 only slashed its price due to low sales. Sony's losing so much money on every PS3 sold that they might not even start gaining profit at 399 till next christmas. Microsoft isn't in a hurry to drop their price either. I don't see either of those two hitting 199 in the near feature. As for nintendo, when you sell out at 250, why go lower?

Around the Network
Frozenfuryblade said:
Thats ridiculous. 360 waited over a year for their first price cut and the PS3 only slashed its price due to low sales. Sony's losing so much money on every PS3 sold that they might not even start gaining profit at 399 till next christmas. Microsoft isn't in a hurry to drop their price either. I don't see either of those two hitting 199 in the near feature. As for nintendo, when you sell out at 250, why go lower?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great post!

dlundh

Fair and Balanced - Casual Gamer Extraordinaire

rocketpig said:
superchunk said:
Sorry, its just not feasible.

by next xmas i see Wii @$225, 360@$225,$285,$345 and PS3@$350/450.

I could be wrong, but that is my estimate. The only reason I see the Wii reducing price is due to 360. When MS reduces their prices again Nintendo and Sony will follow suit to try to keep the above pricing where Wii is at most equal to 360 lowest sku and PS3's lowest sku is no more than $50 more than the Elite.

I would hope to see prices lower than that for the 360 ($115 off after 3 years is rather pathetic), but you're probably close to the mark there, except I think the Wii will drop to $200 flat. $25 off is a slap in the face. Sony won't have much wiggle room in 2008 if they hope to even come within $1b of breaking even this generation. They dropped prices too far and too fast in 07 to give much of a break in 08.

I actually see them doing something like dropping it 25$ and throwing in something besides wii sports(nothing new or that is still full price) with an addition of colors that'd probably be enough. A 25$ price drop is enough to attract some and increased value usually does better than any price drop.

Depends how much money sony and m$ wanna lose per console sold. I know this much the wii can always be $100 cheaper than the only two consoles this gen if Nintendo choose and is the only one that will ever make it down to $99.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

I'd give it 50% chance that you can get (the low-end) PS3 for $199 by Xmas...2010.

Around the Network

the only possible one is the 360 arcade dropping that low

if sony wants to fall over and die from bleeding they can drop 40g to 199

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.