By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Reasons why i believe natal will be a success.

One it is first and foremost an interface for more than one purpose,voice,gesture regconition and mostly hands free experiences,it will be able to hook up to your pc also now it bridges two markets,not only gamers will buy it but almost everyone who buys it is guaranteed to have some reason for getting natal.it brings the family into the game in a big way also.

and if it is handle the same way microsoft treated the 360 then it will be marketed and supported to the nines(in a BIG way) the excitement for natal is huge and that alone speaks volumes,i was playing super punch-out on wii last night and i noticed something strange,you have the wiimote for punching and the nun-chuk for movement hmmm does anyone else see what is wrong with that?you need 2 hands in boxing in real life.

only oneside of my body was being worked out my right as i am right handed now on natal and also move you will use both hands as it should be,but the weakness of move here is that you have to buy another move to get the 2hands and also for mutiplayer games but with natal you already come with all you need your body.the only issue i have with natal is the fact that i will be without force feedback,but i am confident that some gamemakers will bundle their games with some sort of device,for boxing,golf,ect.ect.

and also that natal will be a (perifferal makers)this seems to be spelled wrong,Dream come true,which also helps microsoft to stay true to what they said when they call natal a controller free interface,not that people can,t make stuff for it.i think natal will be great for stuff other than gaming and that is what in my humble will make natal a unique and entertainment success,what do you think?

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

Around the Network

well natal presents a different way of playing and from what i have seen, most people look like they are really enjoying it. Fun factor is the main factor for me on whether natal will be a success or not (the next big factor being price tag of course)

I for one will be buying natal on day one!

Kinect! who needs video games!

calvinandhobbes said:

well natal presents a different way of playing and from what i have seen, most people look like they are really enjoying it. Fun factor is the main factor for me on whether natal will be a success or not (the next big factor being price tag of course)

I for one will be buying natal on day one!

Fun factor is important, but will it still be so fun when the novelty of it wears off? EyeToy was fun, but it didn't light the world on fire. Even more important than the fun factor in my opinion is practicallity and it's this reason that I believe that despite whatever initial success Natal may enjoy upon release, it will never succeed over a long-term period. Natal simply isn't a practical means of controlling a game. It's easier and more convienent for someone to press a button than to perform a motion with their body. Novelties such as the microphone aren't new and won't change things. Pretty much every system has microphones available for it be it PS3 (PlayStation Eye), Wii (Wii Remote), DS, PSP (2000, 3000, Go), or PC. And a limited amount of motion sensing has already been available through EyeToy and PlayStation Eye, yet developers have done nothing with it. I just don't understand what makes people believe that Natal will be an unprecedented success where nothing it provides is inherently new to the industry and everything that has come before it has failed to catch on in any significant way.

I can see why gesture and voice recognition would be great advancements to have in the home. its just i didnt buy a console for that, and i'm certaintly not paying £100 - £150 for it. and i'm not too interested in move or wii either. and those are cheaper, so i dont see people who are interested in motion control paying money for natal when its likely they already have a wii, or they can buy a wii for around that price. especailly if theres a wii price cut and nintendo decide to cut their price to less than that of natal.

i personally hope it bombs straight away, because as a core gamer i'd really hate for the HD gaming industry to start focusing on kiddy like games that come out all the time for the wii. its fair enough for people who want this, but i dont see the core gamer picking this up.

It all depends on the software. And even the most succesful control add-ons ever didn't garner much interest...

Around the Network

lol theres so much hype for natal, if it fails 360 fans will be cryin ,  they should wait for e3, after they show something for gamers ,the ball hittin game again is all they have shown so far (maybe thats the best they got)

A203D said:

I can see why gesture and voice recognition would be great advancements to have in the home. its just i didnt buy a console for that, and i'm certaintly not paying £100 - £150 for it. and i'm not too interested in move or wii either. and those are cheaper, so i dont see people who are interested in motion control paying money for natal when its likely they already have a wii, or they can buy a wii for around that price. especailly if theres a wii price cut and nintendo decide to cut their price to less than that of natal.

i personally hope it bombs straight away, because as a core gamer i'd really hate for the HD gaming industry to start focusing on kiddy like games that come out all the time for the wii. its fair enough for people who want this, but i dont see the core gamer picking this up.

So you don't think the 'kiddy' games on Wii has anything to do with the stereotypical Nintendo demographic?  Its all about the interface?  Really?

And you really don't think that MS has any core games planned for 'Natal'?  I mean, they do have 40 million consoles out there with a huge core gaming demographic.  Does it really make sense for that demo to be completely ignored by MS?  Is there a precedent from them out there that you are basing this on?

Its up in the air at this point. Luckily we should know within about a week what Natal is all about and what Microsoft is infact doing with the interface.

Tease.

Software, software, software. As far as that goes, Natal is still mostly an unknown quantity. We will be far better placed to know its probability of success once we see a software lineup on the 13th.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

1. Price

2. Marketing

3. Games

These will decide, nothing else

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!