By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiFit - What is/was it like on December 1?

According to posters at GAF, there was a HUGE line at Yodobashi Kichijoji where people took voucher numbers and eventually sold out.

At Shinjuku West Bic Camera, alot of people again. Some people buying a Wii with Wiifit (older people).

There were tons of copies of WiiFit in stock (Maybe because Shinjuku isa flagship store for Bic)

As for impressions, each section of the game, Muscle, Yoga, Cardio, Balance has 9 games, 4 of which you can play from the start.

Skiing is hard. Ski Jump is really fun. The Balance Board works flawlessly!

Also you give the game a password so no one can access your information. You can also set a goal (Lose this many pounds in this many weeks)

You can also set to GAIN weight apparently and play the muscle building games.

The Japanese version has a weight limit of 300 pounds.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

So what was the point of those pics Montana haha.

Yodobashi Kichijoji @ 9:30 a.m.

My ticket

Queue in front of me when I got upstairs

Queue behind me (lots more around the corner)

Sell out confirmed!

It's a lot heavier than I thought. Time to go play.

Okay, I'm done for the day.

I did these exercises:

Body Building:
Sit ups - which aren't like I was used to back in school, you rase your legs and your upper body and meet at the middle, I did pretty well, but towards the end I could really feel the burn in my stomach

Push ups - again, it's not just straight push-ups, first they teach you the proper form, (which I didn't know) and they put in these side arm stands in after every push up, alternating left and right. This exercise really got me, it was tough. My arms feel heavy after doing it.

Twisting excersize - spin your body left and right without moving your legs, then do it while bending over. this was easy, but they try to focus more on your balance and rhythm, which...wasn't so easy lol.

Lunges - This was tough also, you put yourself in a front stance, then bend your back knee down and then raise it up, basic level was 10 reps per leg, this was tough.

Walking something or other - You stand in place and then extend your arm and leg to kind of simulate walking\skating, never heard of it before, was kinda easy to do. Another one where they focus on rhythm and balance.

Yoga:

Hero stance - Kinda like a light version of the lunge, Yoga isn't that stressfull so it was kind of a nice way to calm down. This was part of my leg training they had me set for the day.

Balance:

Skiing - This is hard, but fun.
Soccer - HARD ARGGG, I think most people will suck hardcore when they play this for the first time. It's hard getting used to the BB.
Ski Jump - Easy, super fun.
Monkey ball - Starts out easy, gets super hard, but never feels "too" hard.
Tight rope - I fell :( You have to walk forward by shifting your balance left and right. It was kinda tough. (unlockable)

Cardio:

Hula hoop: This is the game that will make you look the most ridiculous. So for people who are embarassed by pelvic thrusts, do not try this game.

Jogging: It's kinda weird seeing Hitler wave back at you while you are on a nice afternoon Jog.

Dancing: Awwww yeah, fun as hell.

That's all I'm playing for now, gotta go get lunch.

I just got Wii Fit. I haven't tried it yet, because I just got home, but I took cellphone pics at Shinjuku West Bic Camera. It was fairly busy.

- Yes, lots of people were buying the game. Before I entered the store, I noticed 5 people with Wii Fit crossing the street outside the store.

- A few people bought a Wii system with the game. Notably older, middle-aged men.

- One person bought Super Mario Galaxy.

- Saw one person buying a Wii system, Wii Play, Wii Sports and Wii Fit. And what I thought was Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles, although it could have been Biohazard 4 Wii Edition as well.

- The press were there taking pictures of people at the registers and people trying the trial version at the Wii Fit kiosk.

- They had tons in stock and they had more crates in storage, possibly due to the fact the Shinjuku store is a flagship store for Bic (hence the press)

- They had a special cash register away from the main section for Wii Fit and Wii system purchases, although relatively few actually utilized it because it is a bit hard to find when you enter Bic's 5th floor gaming section.

Pictures:

Sign about Wii Fit

A press camera man setting up

More Wii Fit shipping containers being moved to the counter

Someone bought a Wii system with Wii Fit

Picture of part of the queue for the register area

Press shooting someone trying the demo

Picture of special counter dedicated to buying Wii Fit and a system

Someone bought two Wii Fit systems (these people were trying the PS3 WE 2008 demo)

Overall, it wasn't super hectic busy, but it was indeed an impressive show. The game will clearly be a huge hit in Japan.

(yes all of this was stolen) F U for screwing up the thread Montana 

OriGin said:

Overall, it wasn't super hectic busy, but it was indeed an impressive show. The game will clearly be a huge hit in Japan.

(yes all of this was stolen) F U for screwing up the thread Montana

Just use the other thread OriGin (and thanks for posting the pics!), MontanaHatchet screwed up this one.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11134&start=0#end 

QUESTION: Was this game submitted to Famitsu? What was it rated?!

and wow great pics man thanks!
it makes me so happy *tear*
i hope it sells grrreat and
helps Wii sell more system
hopefully, ppl bought a copy of
Layton and Galaxy as well
...(quit it with the wii play already!)
:P

God From the Machine

Around the Network

And the momentum is just going to build now that people realize it actually does work your body

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

aidencronus said:
QUESTION: Was this game submitted to Famitsu? What was it rated?!

and wow great pics man thanks!
it makes me so happy *tear*
i hope it sells grrreat and
helps Wii sell more system
hopefully, ppl bought a copy of
Layton and Galaxy as well
...(quit it with the wii play already!)
:P

I don't know if they rated it, but the editors seemed to think it was going to sell like gangbusters. 

Wait, so was Montana comparing the Launch of a console to that of a game?

Thats kinda flattering actually.....

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:

Agreed. Perhaps we should start a thread asking when WiiFit will overtake PS3 sales in Japan.

damkira said:
Sqrl said:

Agreed. Perhaps we should start a thread asking when WiiFit will overtake PS3 sales in Japan.

Do it!

DO IT!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"