By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Left 4 Dead Info - Cornfield Map!

The upcoming online cooperative multiplayer zombie survival game Left 4 Dead is my most anticipated PC game...other than Brawl, it's my number 1 most wanted game.

You and 3 survivors (online or LAN humans, or bots) must survive endless infected hordes, controlled by an intelligent AI Director, from the makers of the CounterStrike bot AI. Along with said Infected, 4 more players have the ability to be super-zombies with special abilities, to strike fear in the survivors and pick them apart.

It's going to make for some intense online gaming, coming out for PC...and also 360. I highly recommend anyone with a decent PC to get that version, because Source games are designed and optimized for PCs. The experience is just amazing, with HL2, TF2, etc, and I'm sure this will be the next big thing. Valve even calls this "the next Counter-Strike."

ANYWAY.

There's a magazine out with a preview for the game, and there's pics of new areas! So far, it's been all of the city map, but now we get glimpses of fields and rural areas! Definitely interesting...we knew about additional maps, but this is the first we've seen of them. I can't wait!

http://www.hl2world.com/bbs/left-4-dead-preview-gfw-mag-issue-13-vt48764.html

And as usual, go to
http://www.left4dead411.com/
for more info, news, videos, etc.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Come on...nobody cares?

You guys suck.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Damn, I so want this game.

I care <3, but I'm not an addicted poster =P

Oh god, it begins...

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/30/0431246

wooh, I really like that you are not only playing at night and only in cities (but even if that was the case im sure I would still love it). Thx for the info.

Your link was messed up Morgyn, I fixed it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Around the Network

Oops, thanks.

Very excited. Looks to be one fo the games I'd love to get if I had broadband.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

It will be truly amazing.

I have a feeling there will be complainers though, like the ones who complain that TF2 only has 6 maps or however many it has. It'd be best for Valve and Turtle Rock to make quite a few maps, but I'm cool with just a few, but perfected, maps.

And remember, these are split in campaigns, and each campaign has like, 5 maps. And I think there's 5 campaigns? I forget.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I care. First day buy on 360 for me.

Ooooooh new maps!

I would have been happy with the first one they showed =P

To Each Man, Responsibility