By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone read any good books recently?

I Just completed the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan. Cant wait for the final two to come out.

Sad that he died though before he could finish them himself.

Around the Network

Just ordered the first 4 books of A Song of Ice and Fire from amazon.ca

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Tanstalas said:

I might buy them as well when I get the chance

Just finished reading The Dark Knight Returns, which was a really good graphic novel, one of the best I've read infact.

I'm reading Dawkins The Greatest Show on Earth, which is very well written and makes the position of people that support intelligent design/creationism seem very feeble and in many cases dishonest.

People still read books. lol

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:

people will still read books until it is socially acceptable to play handheld games in public

Riachu said:
oldschoolfool said:

people will still read books until it is socially acceptable to play handheld games in public

It's not?

Tanstalas said:
Riachu said:
oldschoolfool said:

It's not?

I know its socially acceptable in Japan, I don't know about America though since they seem to prefer consoles.

Yes people still read, Harry Potter as a series has shipped over 400 million books as of two years ago, which is a number significantly bigger then any games series has managed. Of course books are cheaper then games but the series did sell that number in just over a decade which is hugely impressive.

Tanstalas said:

And they should be here today according to UPS :)  Man I love Amazon, so quick..

Also thinking of getting this...  http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1551929120/ref=s9_simvh_gw_p14_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=03YBV6FTYW4QEQE4H5A4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463383511&pf_rd_i=915398

I know the paperback ones are about a third of the price, but this looks like a nice hardback collection, anyone have and can comment?