By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS price drop across Europe

Nintendo has told ONM that the price of DSi is to be cut in the UK.

"In the UK Nintendo will be reducing the trade price of Nintendo DSi to retailers from 18th June 2010," a Nintendo spokesperson told us. 

However, Nintendo has yet to confirm how much they will be reducing the price by. In the past, the company has left it up to individual retailers to decide the pricing of their consoles and it's the same story this time with the company declaring that "the ultimate price to consumers is, of course, determined by the retailers." 

Although the prices are being cut from 18 June, online retailers are already selling the consoles for £30 less than the RRP.

Are you one of the few who does not yet own a DS? Will this price cut encourage you to buy one?

source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=17543

and more news via NeoGAF:

"The prices the stores pay are reduced by appr. 10,6% for the DS Lite and by appr. 16,36% for the DSi."

Around the Network

Let the stock cleaning begin!

OK, looks like 3ds is coming soon. (can't wait)

japan, eu, how long until america price cut?

Think i'll invest in another DSi soon, just to be on the safe side (and take advantage of a few Gamestation deals). My DSL literally fell apart on me from overuse not long after 2 years from purchasing it and i wouldn't like my current DSi to do the same. Even if it is a sturdier, higher quality machine i'm still paranoid. The time i wen't without a DS while saving for my DSi were some of the most painful weeks in my life.

How technical is your game?

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

japan, eu, how long until america price cut?

How long til e3?

I've been expecting a US (NA) price cut at that time ... long before these announcements.

My son's DSlite needs replacing and I want (and have waited) on an DSiXL. 

My guess is the official US (NA) price cut will come the same day as  the official price cut in UK/Europe.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

DS news for E3 will be big cuts to make room from new 3DS coming in fall. :) That's interesting. 3DS may hit retail @ $200 or $250?

Probably closer to $200 I would think.