By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy Call of Duty 3 for ps3?

I was thinking of buying it today so should i buy it?

Around the Network

Do you have Resistance already?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Yes

No.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

I think this game is pretty solid but personally I would wait for a FEAR.  I enjoyed PC version of CoD a lot though and if you don't like gloomy climate you won't go wrong with CoD3.

Around the Network

I dunno, from what I hear it isn't that spectacular.  Call of Duty 2 was a big step up, but from what I've seen, 3 isn't really anything special.  I'd save your money for a different game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I debated renting it for awhile, and I still might.  Considering the games are trickling in I thought i'd be fun to actually play the majority of games so far on the PS3 before it gets crazy like the PS2.  I've never played any of the CoD games, so that's mainly why I thought I might try it.  I just tire of the WW2 backdrop.  I enkoyed that Resistance at least changed the history.  I liked Medal of Honor 1 but playing 5 sequels of a FPS isn't really my thing when the controls weren't great to begin with being on a console and all (I prefer PC).  I hope console FPSs add mouse/keyboard support more in the future.

Anyway, I suppose it would be more worth it for me since I haven't played any of them.   

I dunno...

If you don't have Resistance or MotorStorm, i'd buy those first... then i'm getting Rainbow Six: Vegas.

speaking of FEAR... when did it come out for PS3? There has been a slot for it at my local wal-mart, but I thought I saw a game in there once, but it's been empty since I thought I saw it... is it even out?

EDIT: April 24th

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Call of Duty 3 is a great game on the PS3 .In later stages it may have some frame rate drops compared to the X360 version but otherwise its nearly identical .I like the paler colours better ,more realistic in my opinion .Plus it has a good online .Definitely yes ,its almost on the level of Resistance and with better graphics .