By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kitten survives 30 minute spin in washing machine!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a222315/kitten-survives-washing-machine-spin.html

A kitten in Australia has survived a 30 minute wash and spin cycle after sneaking into the machine without its owner realising.

Lindsay Rogers told the Manly Daily that 4-month-old Persian Kimba had snuggled into the dirty clothes in the machine while his back was turned.

Rogers said: "I put the clothes in, put the powder and the fabric softener in, put it on a cold wash - which was very lucky - and put it on for a 30-minute cycle.

"When I opened the door, it just went ‘meow’ and stuck its head out. I couldn’t believe it - the spin cycle at the end goes really fast and I couldn’t believe it survived.”

He added that Kimba recovered and was "purring like a little motor" following emergency medical treatment at Allambie Vet, including the use of an intravenous drip.

After the news broke, Rogers said: "It's stirred up a bit of a hornet's nest. I had Channel 9 asking if they could come over, and I said, 'Sure, but Channel 7 has already been here'."

Around the Network

Super cute ^^

glad Kimba survived!

Very cute! .... (and clean)

.....this brings back traumatic memorys for me.

mmm, clean pussy ...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
mmm, clean pussy ...

Not quite sure what you did there, but theres something fishy about that comment!

lol

I bet a dog couldn't have done that........ *runs away*

FootballFan said:
lol

I bet a dog couldn't have done that........ *runs away*

*pfft*

There's washing machines specially made for dogs... And they enjoy it, look how much this dog enjoys it.

hatmoza said:
mmm, clean pussy ...

dont make it so sound so wrong...and yet so right

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Wow haha. That's nice.