By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the most disturbing thing you’ve ever seen in a game?

Metallicube said:
I have to go with Gears of War 2, on two occassions. One..

oh *spoilers by the way *

when Dom's wife was in the torture chamber and Dom rescued her, she was all braindead and traumatized, forcing Dom to shoot her.

And when Tai was in a similar situation, only he ran out of the tourture chamber screaming like a madman then shot himself.

I mean man.. I've seen some grotesque violent scenes in video games, but those two scenes really messed with my head and disturbed me deeply.

that was used as a plot device too many times in video games, what games were you playing ?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

'nuff said

Severance said:
Metallicube said:

when Dom's wife was in the torture chamber and Dom rescued her, she was all braindead and traumatized, forcing Dom to shoot her.

And when Tai was in a similar situation, only he ran out of the tourture chamber screaming like a madman then shot himself.

I mean man.. I've seen some grotesque violent scenes in video games, but those two scenes really messed with my head and disturbed me deeply.

that was used as a plot device too many times in video games, what games were you playing ?

Really? How many times in a video game have monsters trapped people in tiny capsules for weeks at a time causing them to completely lose their minds and their loved ones to shoot them? Couldn't be that much. I must just be playing teh kiddie games then..

Just the way Dom's wife looked and acted in that scene, and thinking about what happened to her mind when she was trapped in the capsule for so long, that's what got to me.

And the fact that Tai was supposedly this tough brute fighter, both mentally and physically, and even HE loses it and shoots himself!

Lastgengamer said:
Severance said:
are you talking about morality stuff or just the boring old "oh his head got cut off OMG!"

All of the above will do :)

well there is a lot of them, but i can't think of any for some reason, today's "disturbing" scenes are so cheesy compared to old ones. there is some exceptions like one in Heavy Rain

im talking like the one Packie posted, i liked that one too bad when i played that part i didn't get to see it i was like "huh no items here?" and left. i didn't notice the ground is changing.

silent hill always had these symbolic scenes for example these

Metallicube said:
Severance said:
Metallicube said:

Really? How many times in a video game have monsters trapped people in tiny capsules for weeks at a time causing them to completely lose their minds and their loved ones to shoot them? Couldn't be that much. I must just be playing teh kiddie games then..

Just the way Dom's wife looked and acted in that scene, and thinking about what happened to her mind when she was trapped in the capsule for so long, that's what got to me.

And the fact that Tai was supposedly this tough brute fighter, both mentally and physically, and even HE loses it and shoots himself!

a lot actually, so much that plot twists like that became very predictable!

Around the Network
Severance said:
Metallicube said:
Severance said:
Metallicube said:

a lot actually, so much that plot twists like that became very predictable!

Hmm well I guess Gears is even more derivitive than I thought! Still good fun though..

There is this thing in Gabriel Knight The Beast Within that freaked me out

melbye said:
There is this thing in Gabriel Knight The Beast Within that freaked me out

Wow! , thanks for this post , i was looking for this game but forgot the name, i never got to finish it.

Clock Tower: being caught and devoured by Dan

CGI-Quality said:

When a monster is caught raping what we would expect to be inanimate objects, it doesn't get much more disturbing than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrJTn6hd8c&feature=related

Pyramid Head still holds that crown mind you.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you