By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - sony to charge for PSN Confirmed!

http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item281357/The-People-vs-Andrew-House/

I can assure you that the current PSN as you know it will remain a free service. It is something that our competitors don’t offer and something that shows our loyalty to the PlayStation Community. However, Kaz Hirai stated a few months ago that we were looking at a premium service to sit alongside the current free service and that objective has not changed. You’ll learn more about it very soon.

so basically it'll be free for what you have. but if you want to get an upgrade (cross game chat etc) you will have to pay. possibly the 10 dollars a month.

Around the Network

Is this news? I thought everybody knew already that Sony planned a premium service.
The question is if X-Game Chat will be free of charge or not.

I don't care either way. I never needed it and I don't need it now.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

What
a
misleading
title.

this thread fails.

KylieDog said:
Cross game chat will have to be free. It would be a broken and near useless feature if only subscribers could use it.

maybe the premium guyz can may x- game call and regular guyz can only recieve that . It could be something like that??

Around the Network

X-game chat comes with subscription to PSN premium. If you aren't a premium member then you have to pay to get it.

Personally, not interested in X-game chat. That's what telephones are for. In-game chat where you need / want to talk about the game you're both playing together (or against each other) is the necessity.

If premium subscription gives me value for money I'll sign up, otherwise I'm more than content with what I can do now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Way to mislead the title.

This is something we have been hearing for ages.

Should put in the title that "PSN will still be free to play"

KylieDog said:
Cross game chat will have to be free. It would be a broken and near useless feature if only subscribers could use it.

Everything can't be free.  Maybe Sony can't make it free for some reason.

X-game chat wont work right if it is not free.

Cross game chat would be sooo stupid if it was limited to subscribers.