By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ModNation Racers demo, WTF!?!

I got really excited to try out the Mod Nation Racers Demo. I thought it was going to be really fun and cool to create a character and then play him in a map of my creation or maybe even online in a map created the the devs. This does not happen though.

Instead I get  a demo that lets me create a character and a car with only 5 parts (exaggeration). I get to save the creations, but as soon as I enter a race on the 1 and only track available,  which is only available for offline play, and I only get the default character and car. I don't even get to see my creation in action, let alone play on a map I created and saved. I will probably still get this game, but c'mon what is with the ultra limted demo. At least give players a feel for what the game will actually be like.

The gameplay mechanics are at least fun and the creations tools ar good. But I feel like I don't get a feel for what the real game will be like from the demo. I was really dissapointed by the demo and I fear that it will actually turn a lot of people off.

Around the Network

Meh, they give you more to work with than the LittleBigPlanet demo, and that didn't scare people off...

Yea I was disappointed by the demo myself, but I am still going to get the game once I get the money together.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Except that LBP demo came out far after the release of the game it's self. If I remember correctly.

Games like this always have very restricted demos on the creation side - otherwise you wouldn't need to buy the game (or at least that seems to be the developers view).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Happened to me also, very dissapointed with the game...specially mechanics...its just no that good in my opinion, also the feeling of speed is weird...

well its called a DEMO for a reason if they are to give you all the freedom to costumize,creat,design in the demo then no need to buy the full game then.....

They cold allow you to say, create and design up 5 different characters and cars and maybe 2 maps that you can actually play in. They could also give you a limited online feature of say 5 online games played. Or possibly give you the opportunity to online with your created characters on 1 or 2 of the dev created maps.
It is not as though I believe that they should give full access to content creation and be able to play all user created maps online. I just hoped for a real taste of the game with the possible options I gave above.

The track editor was awesome, and I loved test driving on the track I wish I could race on it oh well I guess that will change when I pick up the game tonight