By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 3DMark 11 sets new graphical bar for PC games

After playing God of War 3, that is not impressive.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

After watching that video, God of War 3 is not impressive.

hmm not supper impressive but the lighting and some of the geometry is pretty damn good add some fish and torpedoes and it would be far better.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

If this were ported to the consoles, they would run at about 0.5 FPS.

youarebadatgames said:
If this were ported to the consoles, they would run at about 0.5 FPS.

actually it wouldn't run at all without a redesign as it utilises DX11 lighting effects and modern Tessellation the PS360 are just not capable of running it as it is shown. Not to say it's not possible to have a console game look as good or better with optimisation and tricks (pre baked lighting, not rendering certain things etc) and good art direction and a low resolution like 720p.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

very offtopic but MSi is such a crappy laptop! ='[ , i got one (out of the clerk calling it the best of the best) and it was CRAP , the fan is noisy and the sound of videos and music .... sounds like an old radio station.

ontopic : what is this Tech demo is demoing ? , the graphics aren't that much to brag about, i think they're doing it for the sound and lightning more like.

@other's

this CAN be run on consoles , some console and PC games already look better than this.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

After that impressive war it's not that godly.

Severance said:

very offtopic but MSi is such a crappy laptop! ='[ , i got one (out of the clerk calling it the best of the best) and it was CRAP , the fan is noisy and the sound of videos and music .... sounds like an old radio station.

ontopic : what is this Tech demo is demoing ? , the graphics aren't that much to brag about, i think they're doing it for the sound and lightning more like.

@other's

this CAN be run on consoles , some console and PC games already look better than this.

it's demoing DX11 lighting effects and tessellation if you look closely at the rocks and other objects there is a lot of very highly detailed geometry and the real time lighting is very impressive. From a purely technical standpoint of coarse it is still possible to make more visually impressive on consoles but there are things shown in this demo that are not possible on the consoles. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Soleron said:
disolitude said:
Sweet. Can't wait to test what my video card scores in this 3D mark. 3D mark 06 had my GTX295 at ~19000.

YES. WE KNOW.

Please stop talking about your PC in every thread.

He's talking about his pc (graphics card) in a thread about a pc gaming benchmark software thread (in the pc forum, no less). Sounds pretty on topic to me.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Soleron said:
disolitude said:
Sweet. Can't wait to test what my video card scores in this 3D mark. 3D mark 06 had my GTX295 at ~19000.

YES. WE KNOW.

Please stop talking about your PC in every thread.

He's talking about his pc (graphics card) in a thread about a pc gaming benchmark software thread (in the pc forum, no less). Sounds pretty on topic to me.

Not to mention the GTX 295 isn't worth bragging about anyway, so who cares.