By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If You're a Core Gamer That Hasn't Purchased a Wii yet

If you're a core gamer and you still haven't been persuaded by the wii's offerings (or lack of key third party offerings) to purchase a Wii yet, then would outstanding reviews from major publications like the 10 out of 10 for SMG2 from IGN make you any more likely to purchase one in the near future?

Around the Network

No. If all the 10/10 reviews for SMG1 didn't do the trick, why should this make a difference?

I played SMG1 when it released and I didn't like it as much as Mario 64 and Sunshine, I know a few people who share that same opinion so I doubt SMG2 would push the people who didn't like the first to buy the second (despite it's fantastic reviews).

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I liked SMG1 much more than Sunshine but not as much as Mario64, but SMG2 seems better thoght...
Make these threads after E3, with Zelda, Metroid, and hopefully Last Story you will have a lot of arguments in your favour (besides SMG2 of course)

Why would you buy a console for a single game?

Around the Network

I agree, this game makes me believe that it will indeed move sistems, it looks sweet

johnappseed84 said:

If you're a core gamer and you still haven't been persuaded by the wii's offerings (or lack of key third party offerings) to purchase a Wii yet, then would outstanding reviews from major publications like the 10 out of 10 for SMG2 from IGN make you any more likely to purchase one in the near future?

I don't think you guys get it.

The main issue isn't the lack of good third party offering on the Wii.

The issue is that my console of choice already releases more good games yearly than I have time to play..( and I have a lot of free time...).

So why the heck would I buy another console ????

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Not a chance.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Nope

i never check reviews. when i want a game i get it. i might get a wii in the future but right now there are already too many games that i plan to get for my current systems.

looking forward to xenoblade and the last story though, those look good