By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - would you have bought Alan Wake if it was AAA??

would you have bought Alan Wake if it was AAA??

Yes, I did not buy it because it was not AAA 31 10.65%

No the reviews would not affected my descion 79 27.15%

are you a sony fanboy?? 181 62.20%

Total:291

yes the question is as in the title please vote:):)

Around the Network

I bought Alan Wake and its Fantastic,but alot of my friends went for Red Dead because they couldnt afford both games in a month.i think its just bad timing.

I doubt the score is whats holding it back from getting attention.......cough*red dead*.

Sorry but It is an AAA title ! The story/screenplay is awesome, the mood is fabulous, the gameplay is cool. It's clearly a must-have ! One of the best games on Xbox 360. And one of the best games of the 5 (even 10) past years...

It's sad that gamers prefer to buy Red dead Redemption which is a "GTA skin" with less hours (about 20h to finish it with 100%)....Alan Wake is a different experience. It's not an action game, it's not a umpteenth FPS-TPS game...

The game is phenominal. If your a thriller/horror fan at all. It's the best we have had yet.
Remedy have created a masterpiece here. It's my number 1 game this gen. I cant get enough. Roll on June 27 for Episode 7!.

Around the Network

what is an AAA game?

tensen1212 said:
what is an AAA game?

Metacritic above 90.

selnor said:
tensen1212 said:
what is an AAA game?

Metacritic above 90.

That's not true at all, that hardly has anything to do about it.

The game is in fact a AAA a title and to top it off, it is amazing. For a game to considerd to be a AAA title, it is just a game with a very high budget. Basing AAA with an the average of a site that doesn't include a lot of the reviews and/or the same review scores for different version consoles is extremely dumb.

i bought it day 1
ant the game is simply amazing
one of the best this gen
period.

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

They should have released a very short demo ala Splinter Cell to get more attention on the market place, since what, 50% of 360 owners own XBox Live Gold? I wish it got a 90+ meta but to me It's up there and thats all that matters to me.

It's just that simple.