By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter Is “Hoping” A Single Platform Dev Goes Multiplatform At E3

Pachter's Podium: PSP2 Must Be Priced at $199 or Lower, Nintendo Has Lots of Naysayers to Silence

At E3 there are always surprises, and ever since Microsoft entered the game things have gotten even more intriguing. For the past three E3s or so, the software giant has been nabbing titles that were once exclusive to Sony’s PlayStation platform from all angles and genres.

From GTA 4 to Final Fantasy XIII, Microsoft has made E3 an exciting place again. But what’s left to steal? And will Sony flip the script on Microsoft this time around? We don’t know for sure, but the much respected and lauded Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst, Michael Pachter is “hoping” for fireworks this year. Whether it’s Epic Games or even Insomniac Games, at E3 something big should, and will happen.

“On the hardware side, there is no question that major reveals from all three console makers is unprecedented, and although we’ve already seen an early prototype of Natal and a very polished Move, everyone is interested in pricing, launch dates, and title lineup,” Pachter told Industry Gamers in their monthly conversation.

“I personally am most excited about the 3DS, given that the innovations in the DS over the last several years have been only marginal,” the analyst added. “I think that Nintendo has a lot of naysayers to shut down (including me), with a lot of people thinking that the iPod Touch is going to eat the DS’s lunch.”

He continued: “Everything else is pretty well-known, but there will always be a surprise or two at the show, and I’m hoping we see something like a single console developer going multi-platform. I’m also hopeful that we hear about Nintendo’s 2011 lineup.”

The full quencher’s through the ID link up there. Interesting stuff, you should check it out.

Source here and here Source

Around the Network

this guy is A Fanboy.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Insominac going MP?

patching E3 up huh?

Garnett said:
Insominac going MP?

don't think so.It would have been Insominiac if he had this article in Fall 2009 but with recent interview of Insomniac about developing games for PS3,that kind of made it void.

Think he is talking about Mass EFFECT here,don't remember any third party exclusives left

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Garnett said:
Insominac going MP?

don't think so.It would have been Insominiac if he had this article in Fall 2009 but with recent interview of Insomniac about developing games for PS3,that kind of made it void.

Think he is talking about Mass EFFECT here,don't remember any third party exclusives left

Did Sony sign them to a deal? Are they first party?

RolStoppable said:
Polyphony Digital is a possibility.

this is the one i got his points now

FORZA 4 and PGR5 in 2020 with GT6 in 2030

Garnett said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Garnett said:
Insominac going MP?

Did Sony sign them to a deal? Are they first party?

nah but they were talking about multiple games at Sony's headquaters so.

one would be RESISTANCE 3 and another SLY or a new IP(most likely)

So it's not gonna happen then.

Cross-X said:
So it's not gonna happen then.

MAN FURISMO JIVE!!!

yeah baby