By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GAF Admin reports on Wii Fit

According to an admin living in Japan over on the NeoGAF boards, people who don't have pre-orders for Wii Fit won't be getting it day 1.

Just thought I'd throw more fuel on the prediction fire!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

I heard somewhere that Nintendo won't be releasing all of its copies day 1. They want to space it out over the holiday season. Supply will not exceed demand because of the balance board, in my opinion.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

The game with the board doesn't seem worth it for me for that price...

yea the retail preorders were so low that must be the plan.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I don't get it. Isn't this software catered to the casual crowd? Do casual gamers reserve games? I didn't think so. The very definition of the word "casual" contradicts it.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

Around the Network

wii fit will debut on the 1st of decemeber (normally debut date is on thursday)...

that means wii fit only has 2 days to sell for the week ranking of 26/11 - 2/12...
so maybe it could affect sales number of the first week..

anyway, let see...

johnsobas said:
yea the retail preorders were so low that must be the plan.

Actually retail preorders are around 200-300K, so its not that low, if all that is already sold than that will be pretty strong sales, Not JohnLucas level but still pretty good

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

cringer8 said:
I don't get it. Isn't this software catered to the casual crowd? Do casual gamers reserve games? I didn't think so. The very definition of the word "casual" contradicts it.

caters to the nongamers yes, but who knows maybe the more hardcore gamers want it also

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Auron said:

What is the price?

damkira said:
Auron said:

What is the price?

8800 Yen, or about 81 dollars at current exchange rates