By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is your favourite japanese 3rd party developer/publisher?

Which is your favourite japanese 3rd party developer/publisher?

Capcom 29 36.25%

Konami 9 11.25%

Namco/Bandai 0 0%

Sega 9 11.25%

Square Enix 18 22.50%

Others 15 18.75%

Total:80

Ahh...Gotcha, gotcha.

Well, in that case, it's very hard to say, as I'm a fan of all the said companies (including ATLUS).

But, I'd ultimately have to go with Konami. The first gaming machine I've ever gamed on was an MSX2, and most of the games I played on it were made by Konami. I'd even argue they had the best games on that system. Games like Metal Gear, Penguin Adventure, Knightmare, Vampire Killer (Castlevania spin-off), F1-Spirit, Konami's sports games, Nemesis, Salamander...I could go on and on...

Edit: Tecmo also get a nod from me for Ninja Gaiden and Deception.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

There's disturbing lack of Sega love in this thread.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

also, poor namco, Tekken, Soulcalibur are great games, also Ridge Racer was great on PSone

*looks at comments and laughs*

Yeah, I figured my vote would be relegated to an 'other' category, but the pseudo-replacement for other gets my vote: Atlus! Marvelous comes in second

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Easy choice, Capcom.

Around the Network

I find the lack of level 5 on this list disturbing...

Soooooo others!

Nowadays it's level 5 and capcom... but i voted others for level 5.

They're just amazing at creating new experiences.

freebs2 said:
also, poor namco, Tekken, Soulcalibur are great games, also Ridge Racer was great on PSone

I love Tales games, but even with them Namco milked and re-released a bit too much. And that's on a semi-developer/semi-publisher side. They've of course been an awful publisher as far as the West and Tales games are concerned so no way can I name them my fave.

Vesperia PS3 is still not released utside of Japan (I got the Japanese version but it's still irking me). Initial DLC was overpriced crap (items, skills, levels). PS3 exclusive DLC (costumes) are way overpriced too.

Tales of Graces had a buggy release and of course I couldn't go for the replacement program they offered, so I was also pissed off at having to torrent a game I bought for about $80 on release day.

dunno001 said:
*looks at comments and laughs*

Yeah, I figured my vote would be relegated to an 'other' category, but the pseudo-replacement for other gets my vote: Atlus! Marvelous comes in second

its because of Monster Hunter Tri.

though no one knows how capcom milks the crap out of rereleases, yet.

i'm going to expect Monster Hunter 3 United.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

andremop said:
Nowadays it's level 5 and capcom... but i voted others for level 5.

They're just amazing at creating new experiences.

they're always were not just nowadays.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.