By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So... how about that Tea Party?

CommonMan said:
Kasz216 said:
CommonMan said:
I'm bored with the "tea party", I'd like to see some kind of a platform from. . . somebody. And no "I'm mad as hell!" is not a platform. Neither is "smaller government", it's a general concept, but these people just sound like they're just bitching in general. Ehh. . . well, if they get a few more republicans out of their seats, cool with me.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/thegaggle/archive/2010/02/06/blue-print-of-a-tea-party-platform.aspx

Thanks Kasz, now will anyone go by something like this? Or will the majority of the tea-partiers just be resorbed into one of the big 2? Oh, and if people campaigned on a "I'm going to balance the budget, and here's how. . .!" platform, they'd have my bloody vote.

I imagine the second... right now they're just endorsing Republicans and Democrats who agree to follow said platform. 

It could happen either way though, for it to really stick they need some more leftwing fiscal conservative/social liberal people to join the movement, so as to tame the social issues for whenever they become an issue.

Or as I like to call Fiscal Conservative/Socially Liberal people... sane people.  Ok, not really, but the majority of people I know fall in that category... yet nobody speaks for them.  So many rich and influencial people fall in that area too, just none of them are in politics... they're all in buisness mostly.

Around the Network

Kasz -

They are called Libertarians. They've been the Tea Party before the Tea Party was the Tea Party.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Kasz -

They are called Libertarians. They've been the Tea Party before the Tea Party was the Tea Party.

Yeah, but there aren't many of them... which is my point... for some reason despite a LOT of people being like that, few support the party.

I think it's because the Libretarian party is full of people who.... well think about it "too much."

Like, the average person could likely get to where the Libretarians are at... but it'd take time.

Most people want to cut spending, but Libretarians usually talk about tearing everything apart and flat taxes etc instead of working incrementally to reduce things.   It's not like if the Libretarians took a few seats they could acomplish everything right away anyway... so I don't get why they don't talk more moderatly about what they can do.

I mean, say Rand Paul wins the election... is he really going to dismantle the department of education?  How?