By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What can you tell me about this laptop?

shanbcn said:
Soleron said:
@Rpruett

GT 330M = Not total win.

@OP

Do not, ever, buy Intel integrated graphics and expect them to play games. Not even on low settings.

Agreed, go with what Squilium said.

The smasung has a turbo boost prosessor ( dont know if that means nything) but it sayis it goes up to 2.54 so i think that worth a consideration...

Around the Network

get alienware!

antfromtashkent said:

The smasung has a turbo boost prosessor ( dont know if that means nything) but it sayis it goes up to 2.54 so i think that worth a consideration...

For gaming, the GPU is more important than the CPU. Almost all laptop CPUs these days are capable of any office, gaming and internet tasks a person would want, so sometimes more speed just means higher price and you don't notice the difference.

The Core i5 is a capable processor, but then so is almost anything Core 2, Core ix or mobile Phenom II. Turbo boost means it increases its speed when it gets more demanding, but most processors downclock to 800MHz anyway when unused so it's not an advantage much.

You really shouldn't judge a CPU on clockspeed alone. A 2.5GHz Core i5 dual would be a better choice than a 3.0GHz Core 2 dual all else being equal, for example.

So, it's a good CPU, but not because of the Turbo Boost or its clockspeed. It's because it's an Arrandale (32nm Westmere) dual-core.

If you can get a lesser CPU (Core 2 or mobile Phenom II) and spend the money on a better GPU (Mobility 58xx or GTX 285 M) then you should do that.

Ghazi4 said:
get alienware!

And pay at least 20% extra for exactly the same product as another vendor?

Soleron said:
Ghazi4 said:
get alienware!

Yeah, I really don't understand the fascination with alienware. Such an overpriced system.

OT: I throw my vote behind Squilliam as well. That's a good laptop.

Around the Network

You can get the one I got, Its an Asus G60, pretty nice one if you ask me

superchunk said:
Soleron said:
Ghazi4 said:
get alienware!

Yeah, I really don't understand the fascination with alienware. Such an overpriced system.

OT: I throw my vote behind Squilliam as well. That's a good laptop.

It's like the old Dell XPS higher level notebooks, the cases look 'cool' and come with flashy lights :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos