By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Awesome New GT5 Screens and Info

M.U.G.E.N said:
Bamboleo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Bamboleo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

oh btw bambi sensei, this tree

is also good no? send this to him as well since it looks kinda better than your one...but what do I know, not like me or them know anything about Maya, C4D, Zbrush, 3D max etc right? SInce your such an expert in these things you should take charge of this and send them 'many' emails and maybe a fax or two as well, you know to teach those guys

That tree looks ugly for a GT game, and has wayyyy more polygons than mine. Handling hundreds of those per track isn't a viable option, it may cause frame rate issues in online matches. Too much detail. Try mailing it to Nintendo for Luigi's Mansion 2...

Or maybe don't e-mail it at all because you've just stolen it from Rick Carlsen's 3D tutorial website: http://rickcarlsen.com/art/blog-about-drawing/

And that's not a preset 3 second tree, that's a hand made 30 minutes tree made by an nicely skilled amateur modeler.

Oh i see I see, I just googled zbrush trees and got it, i never meant to decive you that I know more than I do like some who try show off or troll other console forums even when they know jack shit about game development and 3d design....not at all, I'm but a mere gamer you see

So please go ahead and email the trees you found with your infinite wisdom and email it to them, they will be enlgihtened and will actually impliment them in the game, you know since you told them how :) Thanks for saving this racing game, dunno how it would have been enjoyed by gamers if it weren't for the 3d trees

Awwww, kinda touchy are we? Sorry pal, It wasn't my intention to "decive" your feelings.

Well, thing is, I'm looking for perfection from GT5.

I've played through GT1, GT2 (high 90's on gaming completion percentage) and through GT4, which was the game that made me buy a PS2 in the first place. I had so much fun and epic moments (GT One flying glitch FTW) with GT series, that I'm so spoiled by the high standards that the series bring to the genre being the best racing simulator from each gen that I complain about every detail.

If Yamauchi replies me about replacing his N64 trees with my preset better looking ones I'll tell ya right away, don't worry.

Your emotional teachings on spelling on the interwebz and default N64 3d trees has truly moved me and surely them as well.....truly brilliant, one of a kind paranoia really

But awwww guess since Sony stole your precious Ninty stuff your so unhappy and had to resort to sending trees to people...truly saddenning...don't worry Ninty and also PD will send you a paycheck for your advice and deep research into N64 tree stealing scandal :) and yes do share the reply with me as well, would be a joy to see how much they take you for a joke ugh I mean genius

lol and I'm gonna stop following Bambi sensei for now until I sharpen my 3d default tree skillz from the n64 that bad sony stole...since I'm kinda derailing the thread and actually sadly helping some truly ignorance here...so farewell bambi, you were a delight to have fun with or make fun of, cheers

You do that,and start your first quest,''Life''.

Farewell,and good luck M.u.g.e.n-Kun!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Bamboleo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Bamboleo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

oh btw bambi sensei, this tree

is also good no? send this to him as well since it looks kinda better than your one...but what do I know, not like me or them know anything about Maya, C4D, Zbrush, 3D max etc right? SInce your such an expert in these things you should take charge of this and send them 'many' emails and maybe a fax or two as well, you know to teach those guys

That tree looks ugly for a GT game, and has wayyyy more polygons than mine. Handling hundreds of those per track isn't a viable option, it may cause frame rate issues in online matches. Too much detail. Try mailing it to Nintendo for Luigi's Mansion 2...

Or maybe don't e-mail it at all because you've just stolen it from Rick Carlsen's 3D tutorial website: http://rickcarlsen.com/art/blog-about-drawing/

And that's not a preset 3 second tree, that's a hand made 30 minutes tree made by an nicely skilled amateur modeler.

Oh i see I see, I just googled zbrush trees and got it, i never meant to decive you that I know more than I do like some who try show off or troll other console forums even when they know jack shit about game development and 3d design....not at all, I'm but a mere gamer you see

So please go ahead and email the trees you found with your infinite wisdom and email it to them, they will be enlgihtened and will actually impliment them in the game, you know since you told them how :) Thanks for saving this racing game, dunno how it would have been enjoyed by gamers if it weren't for the 3d trees

Awwww, kinda touchy are we? Sorry pal, It wasn't my intention to "decive" your feelings.

Well, thing is, I'm looking for perfection from GT5.

I've played through GT1, GT2 (high 90's on gaming completion percentage) and through GT4, which was the game that made me buy a PS2 in the first place. I had so much fun and epic moments (GT One flying glitch FTW) with GT series, that I'm so spoiled by the high standards that the series bring to the genre being the best racing simulator from each gen that I complain about every detail.

If Yamauchi replies me about replacing his N64 trees with my preset better looking ones I'll tell ya right away, don't worry.

Your emotional teachings on spelling on the interwebz and default N64 3d trees has truly moved me and surely them as well.....truly brilliant, one of a kind paranoia really

But awwww guess since Sony stole your precious Ninty stuff your so unhappy and had to resort to sending trees to people...truly saddenning...don't worry Ninty and also PD will send you a paycheck for your advice and deep research into N64 tree stealing scandal :) and yes do share the reply with me as well, would be a joy to see how much they take you for a joke ugh I mean genius

lol and I'm gonna stop following Bambi sensei for now until I sharpen my 3d default tree skillz from the n64 that bad sony stole...since I'm kinda derailing the thread and actually sadly helping some truly ignorance here...so farewell bambi, you were a delight to have fun with or make fun of, cheers

My ignorance shall enlighten your inteligence Master Bambi. Farewell, nice talking to you!!!!!

Back at the OP,

I really hope those trees are definetelly  a work in progress as you guys suggest up there. All this discussion made me realize how bad to they actually look.

We cannot wait for E3!

lol i like how you guys focus more on the trees than the cars.... o.O

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

it all looks really good and a big improvement apart from the birds eye view, i'm sure they will fix that, hopefully:):)

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Trees, trees, trees... Unfortunately that's what's Gran Turismo has become as of late. Nevermind that those are some of the best car models ever released for any video game, or that the lightning is almost life like, or that the outline of the tracks is perfect or that there is so much attention to detail in the whole panorama.

No, it's trees. A racing game is only good if it has amazing trees. They should rename it Gardening Turismo and make a game about who can plant the better trees throughout all the tracks in the game. The winner is the one with the prettiest tree.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

The trees. The damn trees. I mean, the cars look beautiful and all, and the lighting is simply superb. But the trees are too obvious....are PD even gonna fix this? Because I know for a fact that reviewers are going to take points away just for this detail...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

lestatdark said:
Trees, trees, trees... Unfortunately that's what's Gran Turismo has become as of late. Nevermind that those are some of the best car models ever released for any video game, or that the lightning is almost life like, or that the outline of the tracks is perfect or that there is so much attention to detail in the whole panorama.

No, it's trees. A racing game is only good if it has amazing trees. They should rename it Gardening Turismo and make a game about who can plant the better trees throughout all the tracks in the game. The winner is the one with the prettiest tree.

Look...I know GT isn't about the trees...but GT games have been graphics pushers. And when I see some jaw dropping cars, with obvious 2D trees in the side...it upsets the balance for me, you know? It just doesn't blend well...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

lestatdark said:

gardening turismo you sir just created a new ip lol:):)

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

huaxiong90 said:
lestatdark said:

Look...I know GT isn't about the trees...but GT games have been graphics pushers. And when I see some jaw dropping cars, with obvious 2D trees in the side...it upsets the balance for me, you know? It just doesn't blend well...

I know how it looks odd and sticks out in the overall panorama of the images. 

But during the game, you won't notice it. Other recent racing games have had 2D trees, even PC ones, and you barely notice them, because when you're driving, it's all hidden.

Plus, they have to make concessions on the graphical side. You can't have that much detail in the cars and in the tracks and still have the same amount of details in other parts. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I can´t see birds, butterflys... where are them°???

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..