By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Awesome New GT5 Screens and Info

Bamboleo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BTW grand TREEsimo is in the works for the inner tree lover in you as I hear :D great and surely better alternative for all who just needs that great 'tree' fix in their lives via a racing game

Well, I guess that if you need the pattern detail on wheels surface that are constantly spinning and therefore you can't see the pattern, I guess some good looking trees should be a standard feature, oh all mighty powerful alt account.

Indeed so true, such great smart brilliant words of wisdom, truly a genius is uncovered today! How I feel lucky, thanks for the chance to see your default N64 tree skillz as well as email skills

and didn't really get the part about alt account? :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
halil23 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
halil23 said:
AMAZING!! My G25 can't wait any longer!!
And just like what Chairman-Mao said, where's the info?!?

The only minimal jaggies I see is in picture 4 next to the red bumpers on the left which looks like a footpath! Seriously who would look at footpath while racing?!?

They are without a doubt waiting for E3 for the official release date etc..

Well the title is misleading...

Agreed :) I personally think they held off on the game for them to get a good HW push when they are actually making a profit off of them

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

oh btw bambi sensei, this tree

is also good no? send this to him as well since it looks kinda better than your one...but what do I know, not like me or them know anything about Maya, C4D, Zbrush, 3D max etc right? SInce your such an expert in these things you should take charge of this and send them 'many' emails and maybe a fax or two as well, you know to teach those guys

That tree looks ugly for a GT game, and has wayyyy more polygons than mine. Handling hundreds of those per track isn't a viable option, it may cause frame rate issues in online matches. Too much detail. Try mailing it to Nintendo for Luigi's Mansion 2...

Or maybe don't e-mail it at all because you've just stolen it from Rick Carlsen's 3D tutorial website: http://rickcarlsen.com/art/blog-about-drawing/

And that's not a preset 3 second tree, that's a hand made 30 minutes tree made by an nicely skilled amateur modeler.

Bamboleo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

is also good no? send this to him as well since it looks kinda better than your one...but what do I know, not like me or them know anything about Maya, C4D, Zbrush, 3D max etc right? SInce your such an expert in these things you should take charge of this and send them 'many' emails and maybe a fax or two as well, you know to teach those guys

That tree looks ugly for a GT game, and has wayyyy more polygons than mine. Handling hundreds of those per track isn't a viable option, it may cause frame rate issues in online matches. Too much detail. Try mailing it to Nintendo for Luigi's Mansion 2...

Or maybe don't e-mail it at all because you've just stolen it from Rick Carlsen's 3D tutorial website: http://rickcarlsen.com/art/blog-about-drawing/

And that's not a preset 3 second tree, that's a hand made 30 minutes tree made by an nicely skilled amateur modeler.

Oh i see I see, I just googled zbrush trees and got it, i never meant to decive you that I know more than I do like some who try show off or troll other console forums even when they know jack shit about game development and 3d design....not at all, I'm but a mere gamer you see

So please go ahead and email the trees you found with your infinite wisdom and email it to them, they will be enlgihtened and will actually impliment them in the game, you know since you told them how :) Thanks for saving this racing game, dunno how it would have been enjoyed by gamers if it weren't for the 3d trees

and yea btw send them the N64 game they stole trees from as well, THAT will show them :D how fun would that be right? I will send the tree to Ninty as well SINCE you asked them since their HD 3d Trees are clearly better suited for the finer art of 3d default tree modeling

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Will u 2 stfu?

Around the Network
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Will u 2 stfu?

Will you gtfo? bambi sensei is teaching PD how to model trees, dunno why he is still here tho, should be sending that tree by now

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

M.U.G.E.N said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Will u 2 stfu?

Will you gtfo? bambi sensei is teaching PD how to model trees, dunno why he is still here tho, should be sending that tree by now

Of course...how could i have been such an insolent fool towards bambi sensei?Sorry master bambi..

M.U.G.E.N said:
Bamboleo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Oh i see I see, I just googled zbrush trees and got it, i never meant to decive you that I know more than I do like some who try show off or troll other console forums even when they know jack shit about game development and 3d design....not at all, I'm but a mere gamer you see

So please go ahead and email the trees you found with your infinite wisdom and email it to them, they will be enlgihtened and will actually impliment them in the game, you know since you told them how :) Thanks for saving this racing game, dunno how it would have been enjoyed by gamers if it weren't for the 3d trees

Awwww, kinda touchy are we? Sorry pal, It wasn't my intention to "decive" your feelings.

Well, thing is, I'm looking for perfection from GT5.

I've played through GT1, GT2 (high 90's on gaming completion percentage) and through GT4, which was the game that made me buy a PS2 in the first place. I had so much fun and epic moments (GT One flying glitch FTW) with GT series, that I'm so spoiled by the high standards that the series bring to the genre being the best racing simulator from each gen that I complain about every detail.

If Yamauchi replies me about replacing his N64 trees with my preset better looking ones I'll tell ya right away, don't worry.

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Will u 2 stfu?

Of course...how could i have been such an insolent fool towards bambi sensei?Sorry master bambi..

Master Bambi sounds brutally cute. Like this:

Bamboleo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Bamboleo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Awwww, kinda touchy are we? Sorry pal, It wasn't my intention to "decive" your feelings.

Well, thing is, I'm looking for perfection from GT5.

I've played through GT1, GT2 (high 90's on gaming completion percentage) and through GT4, which was the game that made me buy a PS2 in the first place. I had so much fun and epic moments (GT One flying glitch FTW) with GT series, that I'm so spoiled by the high standards that the series bring to the genre being the best racing simulator from each gen that I complain about every detail.

If Yamauchi replies me about replacing his N64 trees with my preset better looking ones I'll tell ya right away, don't worry.

Your emotional teachings on spelling on the interwebz and default N64 3d trees has truly moved me and surely them as well.....truly brilliant, one of a kind paranoia really

But awwww guess since Sony stole your precious Ninty stuff your so unhappy and had to resort to sending trees to people...truly saddenning...don't worry Ninty and also PD will send you a paycheck for your advice and deep research into N64 tree stealing scandal :) and yes do share the reply with me as well, would be a joy to see how much they take you for a joke ugh I mean genius

lol and I'm gonna stop following Bambi sensei for now until I sharpen my 3d default tree skillz from the n64 that bad sony stole...since I'm kinda derailing the thread and actually sadly helping some truly ignorance here...so farewell bambi, you were a delight to have fun with or make fun of, cheers

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!