By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's gonna have a easier time in 2008

1st quarter 2008. It's online only, but the majority of those who got hooked on that game used the online almost exclusively, except to unlock guns/outfits from the offline game.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

woww, this is quite the thread!

2008 Nintendo is going to totally collapse.  Miyamoto will die.  Iwata will decide that he needs to spend more time with his family and retire.  Everyone will realize that Smash Bros Brawl's graphics are way out of date.  The PS3's price will drop to $300, and Nintendo will keep their price at $250, even after everyone stops buying it.  Everyone will realize that only 50 dollars more will get them bluray and cellpower.

Just you wait and see!

o ya and microsoft will just plain old stink.  I mean they have NO good games coming out next year. 

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
jjseth said:
1st quarter 2008. It's online only, but the majority of those who got hooked on that game used the online almost exclusively, except to unlock guns/outfits from the offline game.

I remember that the first SOCOM had 278,000 users who signed in the first month.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

Mr_Immortal said:
eugene said:
The strength of the Wii sales is in little kids and girls. The 360 or ps3 doesnt appeal to them at all. Its only as much of a fad as much as the Nintendo DS is. The day PSP outsells it is the day PS3 will kill the Wii

I don't think you can compare the handheld market to the console market. Nintendo have always dominated the HH market. On the other hand, they lost the last two console wars to Sony, and badly.

You know, you are free to have your own opinion, but personally I think you need to pull your head out of the sand.  There is no indication at all that sales are going to go down for the wii anytime soon.  If anything it looks to be accelerating.

I'm not a fan of any console in particular.  I have a wii and if I had more disposable income I'd probably have the other two as well.  Mainly I play PC, HAIL WOW!, but I have to say, I think sony diehards have to be the most unreasonable of all three flavours of fanboi. 

I know its hard to believe, but you don't speak for everyone.  And right now people are speaking with their wallets.

There will be many of those original 278k people, plus more that will get this game if it truly does return to it's roots. I was addicted to the first 2 Socom games and there was never EVER a issue in finding a good game.

Socom 1 was the first online game I got for a console, and I was hooked on Day 1. Bought the game and online adapter immediately and then played it 7+ hours a day for months on end. Then it continued with Socom 2... then I bought 3 and CA and haven't played it near as much because it was too much of a departure from the old game.

How this game turns out, could be a sign of things to come and a surge of old So"crack" players who want to come back and get a taste for the new Socom if it does come back to it's roots.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

Oh yeah, one more thing. Nintendo used to dominate the console market as well, and look what happened the last 10 years...You don't always win just because you won the last time.

Kytiara. If you want to discuss the Wii and how great it is, please pick another thread to hijack. Preferably in the Nintendo section of the forums. Let's keep this thread on topic please. :)

Get your Portable ID!

Kytiara said:
Mr_Immortal said:
eugene said:
The strength of the Wii sales is in little kids and girls. The 360 or ps3 doesnt appeal to them at all. Its only as much of a fad as much as the Nintendo DS is. The day PSP outsells it is the day PS3 will kill the Wii

I don't think you can compare the handheld market to the console market. Nintendo have always dominated the HH market. On the other hand, they lost the last two console wars to Sony, and badly.

You know, you are free to have your own opinion, but personally I think you need to pull your head out of the sand.  There is no indication at all that sales are going to go down for the wii anytime soon.  If anything it looks to be accelerating.

I'm not a fan of any console in particular.  I have a wii and if I had more disposable income I'd probably have the other two as well.  Mainly I play PC, HAIL WOW!, but I have to say, I think sony diehards have to be the most unreasonable of all three flavours of fanboi. 

I know its hard to believe, but you don't speak for everyone.  And right now people are speaking with their wallets.

First of all, you've got me all wrong, I have both a PS3 and a 360, and I loved all of Nintendo's past consoles. But the main reason why the Wii is dominating is because of the price. Once that price narrows the sales will go down considerably. And like I said, it will look seriously outdated by the end of 2008.

Kytiara said:
Oh yeah, one more thing. Nintendo used to dominate the console market as well, and look what happened the last 10 years...You don't always win just because you won the last time.

I don't think I implied that you "win just because you won last time". What are you blathering about?

Hey, I've been busy playing Contra 4, so which thread is this one parodying?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA