By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Costco tags Gran Turismo 5 with a December 2010 release date!

We've had so many rumors of Gran Turismo 5 being out by December. Okay, granted that the first time we heard that December window, it was for December of 2009. Now we're hearing a sort of reprisal of that episode, but this time it's for December 2010. And this time, it's Costco calling it.

Up on their product list page for Sony games is Gran Turismo 5, tagged with a US$ 54.99  price mark, and....

There, right there. "10/27/10". Now, again this is not a confirmation or anything, so you shouldn't take it as one. We've been burned so many times before, after all. But considering that the game's just 90% accomplished, as admitted by Yamauchi-san himself, maybe December is just right on their calendar. Maybe.

Thanks to tipster omcorp for this!

Via [Costco]

Around the Network

doesn't mean anything, costco's guess is as good as yours, they don't know anymore than anyone else. I wish people wouldn't post retailers dates. There are people out there with duke nuken forever preorders and release dates too.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

i have a feeling that i won't like this game, and its going to be a huge disappointment

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

10/27/10 is the 27th of October, not December.

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

Likely placeholder date. :-/

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network
Severance said:
i have a feeling that i won't like this game, and its going to be a huge disappointment

From what I've read of your posts, you seem to be a terrible indicator of the real world so I'm glad you have that opinion :)

Anyway I came in here to suggest that you shouldn't trust retailers on dates, I don't know why people even post dates for games from retailers any more.. We need baby seals or something for this! Game titles, sure, retailers aren't likely to make up a game and put it up for sale, but they have a reason to put a projected date up, for pre-orders. So no more of this, promise me VGChartz, no more retailer dates!

puffy said:
Severance said:

From what I've read of your posts, you seem to be a terrible indicator of the real world so I'm glad you have that opinion :)

Lol what does that suppose to mean?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

My local gamestop/EBgames says September... you cant reallly trust any dates yet

I love how December is apparently the tenth month of the year now.

Severance said:
puffy said:
Severance said:

Lol what does that suppose to mean?

It means you're in your own niche ;)