By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did Sony buy Zipper Interactive?

I seriousy wonder why they bought them

They never made an AAA game, their highest scoring game on any Playstation platform is SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs with 87 on Metacritic

Their other SOCOM games on PS2 got 82, 82 and 72. Their SOCOM games on PSP scored 82 and 81. MAG scored 76 on Metacritic.

They don't seem to have any special technical abilities like other first party Sony studios such as Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games or Polyphony Digital. 256 online game is indeed impressive but it more of an evolution than a revolution since games like Resistance 2 raised the bar before to 60 players online. I'm sure some of Sony's studios could pull off even more players in an online game.

I know we saw very little of SOCOM 4 but seriously.. I doubt it will be anything more than a game in the low 80's on Metacritic

I know you could argue that a lot of the arguments here would apply to Guerrilla Games as well but they proved they can make an AAA game with Killzone 2 which is 91 on Metacritic

Around the Network

lol

maybe casue they sold millions and are really good with online.

because no one other than fanboys care about metacritic. how much money they bring in and how many gamers they bring to Sony is far more important than any review score?

just a guess

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
because no one other than fanboys care about metacritic and how much money they bring in and how many gamers they bring to Sony is far more important than any review score?

just a guess

I dont see where you are going this.

quality=/=sales

zipper interactive can make really good games in no time and no high budget.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
zarx said:
because no one other than fanboys care about metacritic and how much money they bring in and how many gamers they bring to Sony is far more important than any review score?

just a guess

I dont see where you are going this.

well I don't really know I was going anywhere with it. I did edit my post so it has less engrish tho.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Zipper said:

I seriousy wonder why they bought them

They never made an AAA game, their highest scoring game on any Playstation platform is SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs with 87 on Metacritic

Their other SOCOM games on PS2 got 82, 82 and 72. Their SOCOM games on PSP scored 82 and 81. MAG scored 76 on Metacritic.

They don't seem to have any special technical abilities like other first party Sony studios such as Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games or Polyphony Digital. 256 online game is indeed impressive but it more of an evolution than a revolution since games like Resistance 2 raised the bar before to 60 players online. I'm sure some of Sony's studios could pull off even more players in an online game.

I know we saw very little of SOCOM 4 but seriously.. I doubt it will be anything more than a game in the low 80's on Metacritic

I know you could argue that a lot of the arguments here would apply to Guerrilla Games as well but they proved they can make an AAA game with Killzone 2 which is 91 on Metacritic

Socom has a massive fanbase.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

SOCOM II was the sex.

MAG is the best FPS of the gen.

CGI-Quality said:
A better question would be why did you name yourself after a company you seem to frown upon and then make a thread asking about something that seems to be of little concern to Zipper's true fans, or of little to no consequence in the grand scheme of things?

Just a thought.

I second that lol, I'd rather ask this question too.

1. They have a sizable fanbase
2. They have proven themselves with the 256 player online MAG, that speaks alot about their technical abilities, especially when some 5v5 games struggle to maintain a stable connection and matchmaking