By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Movies based on games, the past and the future ones

So, a new batch of movies based on games is inbound. Most notably perhaps are the MGS and Max Payne movies.

Now, these kind of movies have been made before, with most crashing and burning instantly. Every one of them seems to fall short of the game, mostly by straying to far from the original concept or setting, but also with poor casting and wrong consultants onboard. I hear the Hitman movie is abyssmal, and I'm inclined to believe it, and Tomb Raider and Resident Evil were also a penny short of whale turd.

It seems that Mark Wahlberg will be playing Max Payne, an unexpected choice I must say, and probably a bad one. Much like Timothy Olyphant as the insidious Agent 47, he's about as scary as a trunk full of marshmellows if you ask me. We can only hope that Solid Snake won't be played by a nancyboy or witless twat without so much as beard stubble to show for.

Lastly, there are some games out there DYING to be filmatized:

Half-Life (probably with HL 2 as a backdrop, since it revolves a lot more around more scenic environments and more interaction), some of the roles could be;

Gordon Freeman: Johnathon Schaech.

Eli Vance: Bill Cobbs (Eli appears to be modeled after this guy! Uncanny likeness!).

Thief, starring David Hayter as Garret (cool voice, cool guy...).

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl starring Konstantin Khabensky as the Marked One.

Deus-Ex starring Thomas Jane and John Cena as J.C and Paul Denton.

Thoughts?

Around the Network

As long as we are not getting another Double Dragon everything will be fine;)

Quality for Life

i think your idea is great, but you know i wouldn't mind a halo movie (although getting it to not suck could be rather difficult)

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

Don't forget the Uwe Boll trash that will soon be Far Cry the movie.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Don't forget the Uwe Boll trash that will soon be Far Cry the movie.

Lord have mercy... Uwe Boll? Would someone shoot him?

About the Halo movie; there was talk of one, but then Universal pulled the plug on it as I heard. Peter Jackson was supposedly directing. There's talk of reviving the concept though, but I'm not up to date on which studio would fork out the dough this time around! Maybe someone else knows more about it? 

Around the Network
Schwarz said:
As long as we are not getting another Double Dragon everything will be fine;)

Ahh, the incomparable Van Damme unless I'm mistaken... What a guy, what a film...

PS: Have you seen The Barbarian Brothers? Now that's a quality flick! I swear, you'll need surgery from the laughing!