By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why these hardcore games didn't sell.

asumal said:
PATRIOT7ME said:

No more heroes: Odd games again, unresponive controls at time, graphics look kind of ugly, overworld, being forced to do boring jobs, no ads for the game really either, and grasshopper games don't usuauly sell anyway (just look at their history).

how much do you have to sell to considered them sold? huh? yhea this topic doesn't make any sense to me either.

your 'reasons' aren't very good. they sound like a list of things that you didn't like about that game. A lot of opinion, and not much that would really deter sales of a game.  

The reason No more Heroes didn't sell, imo, is because it didn't receive high review scores from critics, and the lack of advertisment. I imagine that there wasn't much of a budget for this game as well. by saying that grasshopper games do not sell well doesn't prove why this specific game didn't sell. stating overworld, means nothing, but im sure you meant a barren overworld.

ugly graphics, boring jobs. opinions. although these are shared by others, including me. but i bought the game. if you're saying word of mouth is what stoppped these games from selling, well then, alright.

A million is considered good for sales and that is from consideration. Maybe it doesn't make sense because you don't freaking read.

They aren't my reasons. They are other peopls reasons. Negative feed back harms a game. I love the game personally.

my point of saying grasshopper games don't  sell  just shows how much they are liked or how well known they are. The overworld was a complaint from people who didn't like the game.

Of course negative feedback hurts something that is one of my points why it didn't sell well.

Around the Network

Just because they didn't sell millions doesn't mean profit wasn't made. It cost less to make games on the Wii right. Most of those games made profit I hope. That is a good thing to me.

pacman91 said:
PATRIOT7ME said:
mortono said:
PATRIOT7ME said:
mortono said:
For all of them...

They are on Wii. Core games don't sell on the Wii.

Your logic is flawed. All COD games on wii have sold a million, Resident Evil 4 sold a million,brawl has sold over 9 million, New super Mario Bros sold 13 million, Super Mario Galaxy sold over 8 million, Super Paper Mario sold over 2 million, Punch Out sold over a million, zelda sold over very well, Monster hunter 3 sold over a million in Japan and the only 3rd party to do so.

Face the facts fanboy. These wii games didn't because they either sucked, had no promotion, they carried the same name from a previous bad game, boring, short, and etc.

Logic is correct.

-COD and Resident Evil games sell several times more on HD consoles.

-Anything with Mario will sell, hardcore or not.

-Punch-out!! is not 'hard-core'... it is more of an 'arcade' game which does well on Wii.

-Zelda was a launch title, and the only title worth getting at the time.

Face the facts! The Wii does not have the same user-base demographics as the HD consoles!

-Resident evil 5 waS NEVER on Wii

-COD still sold well. The only reason it sold better on the other two consoles is because it promoted a lot more on them. besides they still  sold a million.

-mario shows gamers do exist on wii.

-punch out is a gamer's game. A gamer's game is  hardcore game. So shut up.

-Luigi's mansion was a launch and it didn't do that well. really shut up. Zelda because gamers got it.

At cube launch there was Melee and Rogue Squandron II and much more promise for great games. Luigi's Mansion was certainly an after thought at launch.

Agree with your other points though.

Well melee sold because it was a great and was known well because of SSB on n64. Rouge Squadron II did well because it was a quality 3rd party game and people love the one on N64

I think those games would have sold better if they were in HD. People these days don't want to play shooters in last gen graphics. I'm one of them. PS Move will most likely have better sells for shooters cause of HD. That's how I see it.

C_Hollomon said:
Just because they didn't sell millions doesn't mean profit wasn't made. It cost less to make games on the Wii right. Most of those games made profit I hope. That is a good thing to me.

I didn't say anything about profits did I? I know it is cost less to make a wii game but that is because it isn't HD and a lot of devs don't bother to spend their time and money to make a wii game that is why they are so cheap.THe only dev I know that actually really did that was Nintendo.

Around the Network
C_Hollomon said:
I think those games would have sold better if they were in HD. People these days don't want to play shooters in last gen graphics. I'm one of them. PS Move will most likely have better sells for shooters cause of HD. That's how I see it.

The Wii doesn't have last gen graphics. Devs don't bother to put effort into it. The games would of sold better if more effort was put into them and were promoted. Also graphics don't make by the way and the Playstation Move has lag and is a rip off of the Wii Mote and nunchuck. Also they are decent number PS3 gamers not happy with the move.

KungKras said:
Red Steel 2 Didn't sell becasue of the Samurai western theme.

If it would had a more familiar theme that spoke to more people, say like a classic fantasy theme, it would have sold tons regardless of its name.

That's probably 10th on the list behind:

piraters

Red Steel baggage

hardly any replay

WM+ still in toddler stage

lack of substantial advertising

not as 1:1 as people originally thought

lack of multiplayer/co-op as originally thought

not a nintendo product/distrust for 3rd parties

no online component

I don't think many people would avoid the game because of the setting. For a sword/gun weilding hero, western samurai makes sense.

This game will have legs at a discount price. As of now, it isn't valuable enough to most wii owners

PATRIOT7ME said:
Huya said:
so your making excuses why they didn't sell O_o

They aren't excuses . They are real reasons why they didn't sell.

those are called excuses.

Quite true, but these decisions are really up to the consumers

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Xoj said:
PATRIOT7ME said:
Huya said:
so your making excuses why they didn't sell O_o

They aren't excuses . They are real reasons why they didn't sell.

those are called excuses.

Nope they are reasons that exist.