By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I get a PSP Go?

Should I get a PSP Go?

YES! 40 41.67%

NO! 45 46.88%

Nobody. . . tosses a Dwarf! 11 11.46%

Total:96

So, I was on the PSN store and I casually browsed over to the PS1 classics and HOLY CRAP! what a selection. Now I imagine that I wouldn't want to play those on my PS3, because I have too many PS3 games to play already, but I would love to play them on a portable. The PSP Go comes built in with great storage, and I like the small form factor. The price is dropping like crazy too, you can get a used on on Amazon for $150 right now. However, I feel like Sony could drop a PSP2 on us as soon as E3. What thinks you VGChartz? Should I grab one of those cheap ones or wait for E3?

Edit: Bear in mind that I missed almost the entirety of the PS1 generation. So I've never played: Silent Hill, RE1 - 3, FFVIII, FFIX, Syphon Filter, etc. etc.

Around the Network

I'd wait for E3, you never know they could announce a price drop for the Go/announce PSP2.

PSN ID: KingFate_

RE1 is best on GC, so use the Wii (or you could even get the Wii remake of the GC remake ). As for those other games, it's up to you. I personally wouldn't buy a PSP go due to the digital only aspect and if I was going to get a PSP I would go with the 3000.

As for a PSP2, I don't think Sony could keep a secret (PSP go was completely leaked) and even if they did show it at E3 I don't think they'd have it released within the calendar year. Typically systems are shown off over 1 year before release. The 3DS seems to be an exception to this except they announced it due to rumors spreading.

Oh, and does it really make that much of a difference being able to play them portably? I mean I play my DS more at home than on the road.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

The PSP Go is a good option if you can get it cheap like you mentioned and dont have any psp games yet. Now while the PS1 games are good dont overlook the awesome collection of PSP games.

If you dont mind the Go being all digital and really enjoy what the current PSP offers you then i say go for it. Im enjoying many PS1 classics on my Go. But if you're really worried Sony might drop something bigger on E3 then you should wait.

Around the Network
nordlead said:

RE1 is best on GC, so use the Wii (or you could even get the Wii remake of the GC remake ). As for those other games, it's up to you. I personally wouldn't buy a PSP go due to the digital only aspect and if I was going to get a PSP I would go with the 3000.

As for a PSP2, I don't think Sony could keep a secret (PSP go was completely leaked) and even if they did show it at E3 I don't think they'd have it released within the calendar year. Typically systems are shown off over 1 year before release. The 3DS seems to be an exception to this except they announced it due to rumors spreading.

Oh, and does it really make that much of a difference being able to play them portably? I mean I play my DS more at home than on the road.

Actually for some reason it does. I'm okay with playing a 20 year old game on my portable but not on my home console. No idea why, and I actually play my DS mostly on break at work, I have a dedicated game room at home so if I'm playing at home it's on a console. So from your second paragraph you're actually suggesting that I look into a PSP (3000) based on what I said?

CommonMan said:

Actually for some reason it does. I'm okay with playing a 20 year old game on my portable but not on my home console. No idea why, and I actually play my DS mostly on break at work, I have a dedicated game room at home so if I'm playing at home it's on a console. So from your second paragraph you're actually suggesting that I look into a PSP (3000) based on what I said?

like I said, I'm not a fan of digital only, and I'm 100% positive you'll find PSP games that you want besides the PS1 classics (say Valkyria Chronicles 2 or Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for example). So, I personally would get the PSP-3000 and I wouldn't be worried about a new model for at least 2 holiday seasons from now. I could be completely wrong though

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

V-r0cK said:
If you dont mind the Go being all digital and really enjoy what the current PSP offers you then i say go for it. Im enjoying many PS1 classics on my Go. But if you're really worried Sony might drop something bigger on E3 then you should wait.

This!

However I think that if you haven't problem of money, you should buy the GO for 150$.

Heavens no. If you like the storage capabilities, get a classic PSP and buy a 16GB memory stick for it. You'll get ALL of the Go's functionality AND UMB compatibility + save money.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Get a PSP-3000 It only does everything a PSPGo does and it's way cheaper.