By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do Aliens Exist?

Do Aliens Exist?

Yes 66 65.35%

Maybe 26 25.74%

No 9 8.91%

Total:101

It would be against statistics not to exist extra terrestrial life. Being it bactery or completely evolved species way beyond us.

There's absolutely zero chance that in between all the matter forming the universe, earth is the only planet were life shines. It's impossible.

Around the Network

Thinking about human and alien relations:

I would imagine that an advanced alien species would treat humans much in the same way that we treat 'lesser' species. No one cares when they step on an beetle, and we don't go into the jungle and try to teach calculus to chimpanzees. Thus, if an advanced alien civilization came into contact with humans, they would either leave us alone in our habitat or exploit us for resources (or perhaps even put us in a zoo).

Which gets me thinking about the idea of God. If an advanced alien civilization would either ignore us or exploit us without violating any morals (we don't consider it immoral to eat a cow or kill a cockraoch), then its ridiculous to think that an all powerful being would care and love us. In fact, we hold ourselves to a very high standard to think of a God that serves humans as many religions do.

ManusJustus said:

Thinking about human and alien relations:

I would imagine that an advanced alien species would treat humans much in the same way that we treat 'lesser' species. No one cares when they step on an beetle, and we don't go into the jungle and try to teach calculus to chimpanzees. Thus, if an advanced alien civilization came into contact with humans, they would either leave us alone in our habitat or exploit us for resources (or perhaps even put us in a zoo).

Which gets me thinking about the idea of God. If an advanced alien civilization would either ignore us or exploit us without violating any morals (we don't consider it immoral to eat a cow or kill a cockraoch), then its ridiculous to think that an all powerful being would care and love us. In fact, we hold ourselves to a very high standard to think of a God that serves humans as many religions do.

If we ever did eventually encounter intelligent aliens, it would cause me to re-evaluate my entire worldview, you can be sure of that.

Check out my band, (the) Fracture Suit!!

http://www.myspace.com/fracturesuit

Have you been enslaved?